V
Posted By
vassi
Feb 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Sorry for the cross posting (posted under printers as well but have not had any responses) I hope someone can give me some help My problem is with the Canon i9100 printer and severe problems with banding, especially when printing 13×19 images. So far I have tried cleaning the nozzles and aligning the head a number of times, with no luck at all. I am using Canon paper and inks and make sure I chose the right paper in the settings.

The images are scanned into PhotoShop from 35 mm slides via the Nikon 4000 at high resolution then tried printing them using the Canon PhotoPrint software as well as Photoshop with the same results. Canon tech support told me to reduce the resolution because maybe there was too much info being send to the printer. Well, I tried different resolutions from 2400 all the way down to 200 dpi, wasted a box of A3 paper and lots of ink with no luck. There is plenty of memmory (1 GB) in the computer. The strange thing is this problem is more evident when there is blue sky with some clouds in the image.
Called Canon again and they will be sending me a replacement printer but
somehow I am not too optimistic.
Shall I be scanning them somehow differently in Photoshop? If anyone can give me some help I will be grateful

Thanks so much.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections