BH
Posted By
Bill Hilton
Dec 16, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Sorry for being in the wrong NG but I know there are a few Painter pros here and I can’t find this info elsewhere …

I made a Brush Category but later moved the brushes into yet another Category I created … any way to delete the first Brush Category that I no longer need or want? Tried Help but it didn’t mention this. Will it cause problems if I simply delete this folder and .jpg from the

/application data/… folder? Painter IX, Win XP …

Also, is there a NG for Painter? I found one but it gets about 4 posts a month in a busy month 🙂 A few years ago I seem to remember a NG where the people who wrote Painter books would answer Q’s in return for publicity but I can’t find it now that I’m trying Painter again (thanks to a book by Jeremy Sutton I can actually do some useful stuff with it at last).

Bill

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

N
noone
Dec 20, 2005
In article , bhilton
says…
Sorry for being in the wrong NG but I know there are a few Painter pros here and I can’t find this info elsewhere …

I made a Brush Category but later moved the brushes into yet another Category I created … any way to delete the first Brush Category that I no longer need or want? Tried Help but it didn’t mention this. Will it cause problems if I simply delete this folder and .jpg from the
/application data/… folder? Painter IX, Win XP …

Also, is there a NG for Painter? I found one but it gets about 4 posts a month in a busy month 🙂 A few years ago I seem to remember a NG where the people who wrote Painter books would answer Q’s in return for publicity but I can’t find it now that I’m trying Painter again (thanks to a book by Jeremy Sutton I can actually do some useful stuff with it at last).

Bill

Bill,

I don’t have v IX (yet), so I cannot help you directly. As for NG’s, it seems that Corel actually killed the two that existed. Seems that they wanted all traffic through their forums. I miss the old days of good Painter discussion. I have not tried the Corel forums, however, so I don’t know how active they might be. They do not appear (the real Corel ones, that is) on any of my servers, and seem to only be accesible through the main Corel site over the Web.

Hunt

PS, still have not forgotten the removable HDD test, but have been too busy shooting to get back to it.
TN
Tom Nelson
Dec 20, 2005
The Corel Painter IX newsgroup is quite active. You can access it through the server cnews.corel.com.

Tom Nelson
Tom Nelson Photography

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections