J
Posted By
jcsabba
Dec 14, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, i saw once a tutorial about using a one skin tone, from one picture, to another picture, but i do not seem to find it, any one knows about a similar tutorial?

Note: without having to paint it on.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

HL
Harry Limey
Dec 14, 2005
"Jim S." wrote in message
Hi, i saw once a tutorial about using a one skin tone, from one picture, to
another picture, but i do not seem to find it, any one knows about a similar
tutorial?

Try this one

http://www.worth1000.com/tutorial.asp?sid=160986&print=1
MR
Mike Russell
Dec 14, 2005
"Jim S." wrote in message
Hi, i saw once a tutorial about using a one skin tone, from one picture, to
another picture, but i do not seem to find it, any one knows about a similar
tutorial?

I use the term "color pinning" for this. Although it is an automated procedure in Curvemeister, it may be done manually in Photoshop as follows:

1) Generally, but not always, it is best to convert to Lab mode.
2) Get an Lab readout of the skin tone you want to match. This is called
the target skin tone. It’s important to pick a relatively saturated area of skin tone, generally from the middle range of brightness, not too dark and not too light.
3) Get an Lab readout of the skin tone you want to change. This is called the source skin tone.
4) Open up the curves window on the source image, select the a channel, and enter the source and target values for that channel
5) Do likewise for the b channel.
6) You have now matched the hue and saturation of the target skin tone. Fine tune a bit, and adjust The Lightness curve for a better match.

Lab changes the color of the entire image uniformly. The above operation may be done as well in RGB and CMYK mode. This can be particularly effective if you are pinning two or more colors (or a color and a neutral), where the pins are on areas of varying brightness.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections