Posted By
Richard
May 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I have seen photoshop advertised at http://www.ibackups.net/ and it is at a much lower price than at Abode site. Is it a legitimate copy? At that price I would think not but it is a sponsered Yahoo link. If it is a legitimate software, then why not everybody buy from them? They have Macromedia Studiio MX at a very low price too.

Thanks,

Richard

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JW
JP White
May 15, 2004
Richard wrote:

Hi,

I have seen photoshop advertised at http://www.ibackups.net/ and it is at a much lower price than at Abode site. Is it a legitimate copy? At that price I would think not but it is a sponsered Yahoo link. If it is a legitimate software, then why not everybody buy from them? They have Macromedia Studiio MX at a very low price too.

Thanks,

Richard

Go to their terms and conditions page. You will find a few gems there.

9. Terms of Software Use

9.1 You understand that in order for iBackups.net to make you a copy of any software, you acknowledge that you are the legal owner of this same software, and are looking to just make a new copy for archival (backup) purposes only. You also agree to destroy all copies of the software in the event it is ever no longer voluntarily in your possession. You understand that only the licensed owner (with a valid serial number, where applicable) of the various software found on iBackups.net may use the services located here.

and also

6. Return Policy

6.1 Because the products sold by iBackups.net are of a software nature, no returns of any software product sold will be accepted and no refunds will be granted. If we do decide or are forced to issue a refund or recieve a charge-back, your debt will be turned over to our collections department and you will be charged no more than one thousand dollars to cover our loss.

My guess is that you will receive the files necessary to install the software MINUS the keys to actually make the install work. I am sure Adobe would replace lost media for a lot less than these jokers.

JP
NS
n8 skow
May 15, 2004

9. Terms of Software Use

9.1 You understand that in order for iBackups.net to make you a copy of any software, you acknowledge that you are the legal owner of this same software, and are looking to just make a new copy for archival (backup) purposes only. You also agree to destroy all copies of the software in the event it is ever no longer voluntarily in your possession. You understand that only the licensed owner (with a valid serial number, where applicable) of the various software found on iBackups.net may use the services located here. You also acknowledge that the software you have was obtained legally and that you have the legal right to request this backup copy to be made. If you obtained your version though any other means, including any pirated versions, or if you do not already legally own the same version of the software requested, then you may not use this service. Furthermore, you agree to hold iBackups.net harmless for any damages that may occur for your failure to follow the U.S. Copyright and other laws as they pertain to the backup you are requesting. When you purchase any backup copy of software through iBackups.net, you agree to assume full liability in the event your actions are deemed illegal. iBackups.net does not condone software piracy and has every intention of complying with the laws pertaining to the duplication of software.

n8

Hi,

I have seen photoshop advertised at http://www.ibackups.net/ and it
is
at a much lower price than at Abode site. Is it a legitimate copy? At
that
price I would think not but it is a sponsered Yahoo link. If it is a legitimate software, then why not everybody buy from them? They have Macromedia Studiio MX at a very low price too.

Thanks,

Richard

R
Richard
May 15, 2004
"Richard" a
TD
The Doormouse
May 15, 2004
"Richard" wrote:

Is it a legitimate copy?

Flatly, no. There is no free lunch.

The Doormouse

The Doormouse cannot be reached by e-mail without her permission.
DH
Desert Heat
May 15, 2004
You can ALWAYS call Adobe and ask them if this site is a LEGITIMATE re seller of their products.

"Richard" wrote in message
: Hi,
:
: I have seen photoshop advertised at http://www.ibackups.net/ and it is
: at a much lower price than at Abode site. Is it a legitimate copy? At that
: price I would think not but it is a sponsered Yahoo link. If it is a : legitimate software, then why not everybody buy from them? They have : Macromedia Studiio MX at a very low price too.
:
: Thanks,
:
: Richard
:
:
:
H
Hecate
May 16, 2004
On Sat, 15 May 2004 08:33:10 -0400, "Richard"
wrote:

Hi,

I see they’ve changed the name of the site. Adobe must have got the last one closed down.

PT Barnum had it right "There’s one born every minute.."

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui
SW
Steven Wandy
May 17, 2004
Is it a legitimate copy?
The key word is "copy". If you read their "terms of agreement" there is a paragraph that by purchasing software from them you are asserting to them that you already have a legitimate commercial copy of that software and are only using their "service" to purchase a BACKUP copy for ARCHIEVAL purposes.
V
Voivod
May 20, 2004
On Wed, 19 May 2004 23:23:25 -0500, "Tommy B" scribbled:

i’ve never paid for any version of phtoshop or Flash MX or dreamweaver MX, studio Max, games, OS’s. You name.

Shit, i havent even bought a music CD in like 4 years.

Its called Kazaa.
Its called burning a copy from your work.

It’s called theft.

Why pay, that shit is all over priced anyway.

So are cars, do you steal them? Food’s pretty pricey do you steal that too?

In other words, you’re a worthless, and moronic, thief.
TD
The Doormouse
May 20, 2004
"Tommy B" wrote:

Well, first, software piracy is a crime. Second, when you buy software, you get manuals, CDs, registration and the ability to upgrade legally. Third, you are supporting better software and music instead of being a slimy parasite. Fourth, you tend to buy things that you really want or need – since you have to earn the money for it. Fifth, software off kazaa can have viruses, trojans, be incomplete … you never really now. Sixth, even software that costs $600 is effectively cheap for the professionals that use it every day. Even hobbyists can afford it – what’s a good stereo system cost, or a playstation plus a few games? The price is about the same. For students, many of these softwares cost much less.

The Doormouse

The Doormouse cannot be reached by e-mail without her permission.
TB
Tommy B
May 20, 2004
i’ve never paid for any version of phtoshop or Flash MX or dreamweaver MX, studio Max, games, OS’s. You name.

Its called Kazaa.

"Richard" wrote in message
Hi,

I have seen photoshop advertised at http://www.ibackups.net/ and it
is
at a much lower price than at Abode site. Is it a legitimate copy? At
that
price I would think not but it is a sponsered Yahoo link. If it is a legitimate software, then why not everybody buy from them? They have Macromedia Studiio MX at a very low price too.

Thanks,

Richard

JW
JP White
May 21, 2004
Tommy B wrote:

Its called Kazaa.

Does anyone in Spain pay for software?

JP
N
nomail
May 21, 2004
Tommy B wrote:

Your mother must be proud of you! Have you also stolen the computer you used to type this, or are you to chicken for that?
L
Lisa
Jun 4, 2004
Well, it’s legitimate for somebody – just not you, unless you already own a legal license for that software and just want to pay for a backup – something you could do much, much cheaper yourself if your system has the capability of making a copy of a CD.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections