SK
Posted By
steve_knott
Feb 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
simple question: i am using photo shop elements for the first time and giving some of my large tif files a makeover in Photoshop Elements..

I don’t understand why the file size increase dramatically when i ‘save as’ to a new file.

tif files have never got bigger when i have ‘worked’ them in other programs such as ulead photoexpress-?

I saved them as uncompressed ( as they were opened )

They will not be degraded I hope

worried and thanks for anybodys help

cheers

Steve Knott

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

NB
Norbert_Bissinger
Feb 24, 2004
Please post this question in the Elemenst forum and No Upper Case Letters. .
RK
Rob_Keijzer
Feb 24, 2004
And be somewhat descriptive in the subject line.
TD
Thee_DarkOverLord
Feb 24, 2004
and stop shouting!
SK
steve_knott
Feb 26, 2004
simple question: i am using photoshop elements for the first time and giving some of my large tif files a makeover.

I don’t understand why the file size increase dramatically when i ‘save as’ to a new file.

tiff files have never got bigger when i have ‘worked’ them in other programs such as ulead photoexpress-?

I saved them as uncompressed ( as they were opened )

They will not be degraded I hope

worried and thanks for anybodys help

cheers

steve knott
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Feb 26, 2004
Perhaps you saved it with layers, ICC profile, and/or image pyramid? All of these can be contained in a TIFF file. I just tried saving with and without these and the image went from 18 MB to over 60 MB — and this was for a file that in JPEG form was under 1 MB!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections