S
Posted By
Stuart
May 14, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can anyone please let me know how you get the copyright symbol on to a pic using Photoshop . ?
Thx
Stuart

"YESTERDAY is history,TOMORROW is a mystery,TODAY is a gift

That is why it is called the present "

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

V
Voivod
May 14, 2004
On Fri, 14 May 2004 20:36:33 +0100, Stuart
scribbled:

Can anyone please let me know how you get the copyright symbol on to a pic using Photoshop . ?

Have you tried the text tool? Have you tried ANYTHING?
S
SamMan
May 14, 2004
Here’s a hint (one of many ways)….
"Character Map"

SamMan
Rip it to reply

"Stuart" wrote in message
Thx
Stuart

R
RicSeyler
May 14, 2004
Tried Alt + 0169 on keypad ??

Stuart wrote:

Thx
Stuart

Ric Seyler
S
Stuart
May 14, 2004
On Fri, 14 May 2004 20:30:24 GMT, Voivod wrote:

scribbled:

Yes I have tried the Text Tool-I know how to put Text on pics . Did you read my question .
Supplementary Question
Does anyone know how to use Usenet to stick two fingers up to pepole who give unhelpful answers to questions. 🙂
Stuart

S
Stuart
May 14, 2004
On Fri, 14 May 2004 15:55:04 -0500, RicSeyler
wrote:

Tried Alt + 0169 on keypad ??

Thx Ric . At least I got one sensible answer 🙂
Stuart

BH
Bob Hatch
May 14, 2004
Thx
Stuart

If PC Alt 0169 =
V
Voivod
May 14, 2004
On Fri, 14 May 2004 22:08:50 +0100, Stuart
scribbled:

scribbled:

Yes I have tried the Text Tool-I know how to put Text on pics . Did you read my question .

So you know how to put text on an image you therefore know how to put a © symbol on a picture by default since it’s part of most ever font out there.

Supplementary Question
Does anyone know how to use Usenet to stick two fingers up to pepole who give unhelpful answers to questions. 🙂

Why should I bother making suggestion until you detail the steps you’ve already taken? What HAVE you tried and what were those results? Did you try holding down the alt key and typing 0169 on the numeric keypad? ©©© Did you try cutting and pasted from your word processor? Did you check Google’s web search or their archive of this group? Or did you do nothing before asking for help?
S
Stuart
May 14, 2004
On Fri, 14 May 2004 21:32:08 GMT, Voivod wrote:

So you know how to put text on an image you therefore know how to put a © symbol on a picture by default since it’s part of most ever font out there.
If I knew that would I have asked the question ?

Supplementary Question

Why should I bother making suggestion until you detail the steps you’ve already taken? What HAVE you tried and what were those results? Did you try holding down the alt key and typing 0169 on the numeric keypad? ©©©

Yes of course I did that ,found it worked then went to this newsgroup and asked how to do it .

Dickhead .
S

V
Voivod
May 15, 2004
On Sat, 15 May 2004 00:13:27 +0100, Stuart
scribbled:

On Fri, 14 May 2004 21:32:08 GMT, Voivod wrote:

If I knew that would I have asked the question ?

Supplementary Question

Why should I bother making suggestion until you detail the steps you’ve already taken? What HAVE you tried and what were those results? Did you try holding down the alt key and typing 0169 on the numeric keypad? ©©©

Yes of course I did that ,found it worked then went to this newsgroup and asked how to do it .

Dickhead .

Try and folllow along, shitwit, you gave NO details as to what you’d tried to acomplish the task you requested help with. The font you were using may NOT have had a © symbol. You many NOT have been using a PC. You gave NO indication as to what, if any, steps YOU took before you for help. Why should anyone have to guess what you have or haven’t done?

The very first link when searching Google for "copyright symbol photoshop" explains EXACTLY how to acomplish the task as do the next couple DOZEN in the list:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=copyri ght+symbol+photoshop

There are over 1,500 references to "copyright symbol photoshop" when checking Google’s usenet archive:
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=copyright%20symbol%20photo shop&num=100&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&c2coff=1 &safe=off&sa=N&tab=wg

304 in this group alone:
http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=copyright%20symbol%20ph otoshop&safe=off&ie=UTF-8&as_ugroup=alt.graphics .photoshop&lr=&num=100&hl=en

So basically YOU put NO effort whatsoever into trying to find an answer to your question on your own. You could have answered your own question in 30 seconds or less but you couldn’t be bothered to even try.
S
She
May 15, 2004
I’ve also found that making a brush to stamp your images, if you need the copyright stamp a lot, works slick too. I "stamp" everything I put on the web so I use it frequently,
PJ
Paul J Gans
May 15, 2004
Voivod wrote:
scribbled:

scribbled:

So you know how to put text on an image you therefore know how to put a ? symbol on a picture by default since it’s part of most ever font out there.

Supplementary Question

Why should I bother making suggestion until you detail the steps you’ve already taken? What HAVE you tried and what were those results? Did you try holding down the alt key and typing 0169 on the numeric keypad? ??? Did you try cutting and pasted from your word processor? Did you check Google’s web search or their archive of this group? Or did you do nothing before asking for help?

Gee. You really are steamed, aren’t you.

If you can’t help the guy, shut up.

—– Paul J. Gans
BN
Brooklyn NYC USA
May 15, 2004
"Paul J Gans" wrote in message
Voivod wrote:
scribbled:

scribbled:

Can anyone please let me know how you get the copyright symbol on to a
pic
using Photoshop . ?

So you know how to put text on an image you therefore know how to put a ? symbol on a picture by default since it’s part of most ever font out there.

Supplementary Question

Why should I bother making suggestion until you detail the steps you’ve already taken? What HAVE you tried and what were those results? Did you try holding down the alt key and typing 0169 on the numeric keypad? ??? Did you try cutting and pasted from your word processor? Did you check Google’s web search or their archive of this group? Or did you do nothing before asking for help?

—– Paul J. Gans

I haven’t seen the previous posts so if I am touching on something that was already mentioned you should just slam the door on me 🙂

Have you tried using the Character Map?

If you go to the character map and find the copyright symbol -> select it. On the bottom right of the Character Map box you will see a number — usually starting with Alt + (for example: This letter
V
Voivod
May 15, 2004
On Sat, 15 May 2004 03:16:11 +0000 (UTC), Paul J Gans
scribbled:

Voivod wrote:
scribbled:

scribbled:

Supplementary Question

Nope.

How could I have helped him if he wasn’t able or willing to tell anyone what he’d already tried to do? A simple 30 second search at Google answers his question several thousand times over.
E
eb
May 15, 2004
That’s something I "should" know – would love to know how, please.

Eugenia
"She" wrote in message
I’ve also found that making a brush to stamp your images, if you need the copyright stamp a lot, works slick too. I "stamp" everything I put on the web so I use it frequently,
S
Stuart
May 15, 2004
wrote:

Voivod wrote:
scribbled:

scribbled:

Supplementary Question

—– Paul J. Gans

Thx Paul
Despite what voivod said the way I look at newsgroups and people on them who seek advice is to give advice if I can regardless of what the questioner has done to try and find the answer him/herself. If someone asks a question and you know the answer then give it. If you need more info to enable you to answer the question then ask for that info in a polite fashion. Everyone knows something that others do not so sometimes you give advice and at other times you seek advice .

If you walk in to a store looking for a particular item and ask a shop assistant do you expect him to tell you to go look for it yourself and if you cant find it THEN come back and ask again -no ,of course you don’t,and if that happened you would walk out again.

Stuart
ps- thx to all who helped me in my quest .

S
Stuart
May 15, 2004
On Sat, 15 May 2004 09:03:08 GMT, "eb" wrote:

Eugenia

Eugenia ,
have a look here -this might be of help.
http://groups.msn.com/NaturePhotography/copyrightbrushinphot oshop.msnw hth
Stuart

S
Stuart
May 15, 2004

Eugenia

Or THIS

http://www.myjanee.com/tuts/brush/cbrush7.htm
Stuart

V
Voivod
May 15, 2004
On Sat, 15 May 2004 10:23:26 +0100, Stuart
scribbled:

If you walk in to a store looking for a particular item and ask a shop assistant do you expect him to tell you to go look for it yourself and if you cant find it THEN come back and ask again -no ,of course you don’t,and if that happened you would walk out again.

So how much are you offering to pay for answers? You idiotic analogy above includes someone who’s PAID to help you turn around and open your fucking eyes. No one here is.
V
Voivod
May 15, 2004
On Sat, 15 May 2004 10:38:56 +0100, Stuart
scribbled:

Eugenia

Eugenia ,

Gee, you mean the first link you get if you search Google? How odd. Just think of all the time you could have saved on your little temper tantrums if you’d just gone there first.
S
Stuart
May 15, 2004
On Sat, 15 May 2004 09:51:46 GMT, Voivod wrote:

scribbled:

Eugenia

Eugenia ,

Gee, you mean the first link you get if you search Google? How odd. Just think of all the time you could have saved on your little temper tantrums if you’d just gone there first.

I think you are the one with the tantrums -you silly little twat . S

V
Voivod
May 15, 2004
On Sat, 15 May 2004 11:40:19 +0100, Stuart
scribbled:

scribbled:

Eugenia

Eugenia ,

I think you are the one with the tantrums -you silly little twat .

Stamp your feet and call me names while you accuse me of having a tantrum. Man, you’re funny. And just think, you could have avoided all this by expending a minimum amount of effort trying to learn something instead of expecting others to do your work for you. Next time try not to be so damn lazy.
JW
JP White
May 15, 2004
Voivod wrote:

Supplementary Question

Why should I bother making suggestion until you detail the steps you’ve already taken? What HAVE you tried and what were those results? Did you try holding down the alt key and typing 0169 on the numeric keypad? ©©© Did you try cutting and pasted from your word processor? Did you check Google’s web search or their archive of this group? Or did you do nothing before asking for help?

Many usenet NG’s used to post a FAQ on a regular basis to reduce the likelihood of people inundating the group with basic questions which have straightforward answers. The FAQ’s reduced unnecessary questions and at the same time helped newbies find the info they sought.

This practice, once common, is now a rarity with the result that people post basic questions over and over again which only serves to clog up the NG and frustrate more advanced users of the groups.

Your advice to use google is spot on, however I never cease to be amazed that many folks I help at work have never visited google nor know how valuable it is. Once aware of google and search tools, I frequently have to correct people who type a URL into their browsers search toolbar or into a search engine such as google. They’re clueless on how to use a browser or the internet.

Computer illiteracy is endemic. How we choose to deal with others illiteracy reveals a lot about ourselves.

JP
S
Smitty
May 15, 2004
© If you have a PC use the text tool. Hold down the alt key and punch 0169 (zero- one- six -nine) and there you have it.
Smitty

Thx
Stuart

S
She
May 16, 2004
Stuart saved me some time. The links he posted are how you do it. Making a brush is easy, saving a brush is the weird part. You have to delete all the other brushes in the set and then save it.

Click on the brush icon so it’s in the tool bar, click the arrow down button that’s on the right side of the brush size to open up the list , then click the arrow pointing right to bring up the list of options and click SAVE brushes and name it. Like I names mine: My Logos… so I can find it quickly. You can add to it by resaving each time you create a brush.

Make sense? I think I just confused myself. 🙂

-She

"eb" wrote in message
Eugenia
"She" wrote in message
I’ve also found that making a brush to stamp your images, if you need
the
copyright stamp a lot, works slick too. I "stamp" everything I put on
the
web so I use it frequently,
S
She
May 16, 2004
"Voivod" wrote in message
scribbled:

Eugenia

Eugenia ,

I *did* offer to help him. 😉
PJ
Paul J Gans
May 16, 2004
Voivod wrote:
scribbled:

Voivod wrote:
scribbled:

scribbled:

Supplementary Question

Nope.

How could I have helped him if he wasn’t able or willing to tell anyone what he’d already tried to do? A simple 30 second search at Google answers his question several thousand times over.

No law requires you to respond to postings. You *chose* to respond and say something nasty.

People do not have to give their life story before posting a question. If you think it stupid, ignore it. Your
victim learned nothing from your rudeness except that you are rude.

—– Paul J. Gans
PJ
Paul J Gans
May 16, 2004
Voivod wrote:
scribbled:

So how much are you offering to pay for answers? You idiotic analogy above includes someone who’s PAID to help you turn around and open your fucking eyes. No one here is.

My my my. You get off on rude, don’t you?

—- Paul J. Gans
V
Voivod
May 16, 2004
On Sun, 16 May 2004 03:15:00 +0000 (UTC), Paul J Gans
scribbled:

Voivod wrote:
scribbled:

Voivod wrote:
scribbled:

scribbled:

Supplementary Question

Nope.

No law requires you to respond to postings. You *chose* to respond and say something nasty.

Actually all I did was ask what he’d tried if anything and to detail what steps he HAD attempted before asking his question. He went moronic from there so don’t blame me.

People do not have to give their life story before posting

No one asked for a life story.

a question. If you think it stupid, ignore it. Your

I’ll let you know when you can give me orders.

victim learned nothing from your rudeness except that you are rude.

It’s not my fault he’s clue proof. I demonstrated that his question could have been answered several thousand times over in under 30 seconds either searching Google’s web or usenet archive.
V
Voivod
May 16, 2004
On Sun, 16 May 2004 03:16:46 +0000 (UTC), Paul J Gans
scribbled:

Voivod wrote:
scribbled:

My my my. You get off on rude, don’t you?

Draw a picture of the analogy he posted, do you see the employee who gets PAID to help do you see anyone here getting paid to help? It was idiotic as was his refusal to provide any information as to what he’d tried in the attempt to complete his task.
S
Stephan
May 16, 2004
wrote:
snip

Cute story, but we are NOT shop assistants.

Stephan
S
Stephan
May 16, 2004

scribbled:

Eugenia

Eugenia ,

I think you are the one with the tantrums -you silly little twat . S

Looks like you got caught with your pants down Stuart little Your insults do not hide your embarrassment too well you know

Stephan
DK
David Kershaw
May 17, 2004
It’s not my fault he’s clue proof. I demonstrated that his question could have been answered several thousand times over in under 30 seconds either searching Google’s web or usenet archive.

Why be offensive? just choose to answer questions that interest you and ignore the rest! I’m not trying to tell you what to do, just saying what I do. The whole idea of this newsgroup is to expand the knowlage base of Photoshop users, it would be a pitty of asking a question only resulted in abuse. Why should anyone who subscribes to this Ng feel that their question is too symple to ask? There is no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people who do not ask when they do not know! As to using Google, how is that different to asking on a NG? The only people inconvenienced by a question are those answering and they do that because it pleases them to do so. Being offensive is a different matter, it just brings into question the offenders ability, background and manners.>
V
Voivod
May 17, 2004
On Mon, 17 May 2004 10:50:29 +0100, "David Kershaw" scribbled:

Why be offensive? just choose to answer questions that interest you and

Because I chose to be. Of course that was after his anal response to simply asked what he’d tried before asking…

ignore the rest! I’m not trying to tell you what to do, just saying what I

You’re telling me what to do… but you’re not…. Confused much?

do. The whole idea of this newsgroup is to expand the knowlage base of

The urge to expand your knowledge and make a spelling lame is strong….

Photoshop users, it would be a pitty of asking a question only resulted in

That may be your whole idea of the group it’s not mine and you don’t get to speak for anyone else.

abuse. Why should anyone who subscribes to this Ng feel that their question is too symple to ask?

Why shouldn’t anyone stop and think; "Can I answer this question in less than 30 seconds at Google?" Your question would be answered BEFORE anyone could even possibly reply. It’s sheer laziness and a fast food menatality that keeps people from trying to learn something on their own and THEN asking a question. Just look at his analogy for how his poor widdle feelings got all hurted, he compared the people who freely give their time to help people to store clerks. He’s acting like there’s some sort of expected service level he’s entitled to.

Stop.

Think:

"Can I answer this question in less than 30 seconds at Google?"

There is no such thing as a stupid question, only

Yes, there are.

stupid people who do not ask when they do not know! As to using Google, how is that different to asking on a NG? The only people inconvenienced by a

It’s different –
Learning to answer your own questions is never a bad thing. Acomplishing something on your own is something to take pride in. Questions could be answered BEFORE a reply is even possible. *

question are those answering and they do that because it pleases them to do so. Being offensive is a different matter, it just brings into question the

It pleases me to be offensive when some blockhead flies off the handle when asked simply "what have you already tried to acomplish this?"

offenders ability, background and manners.>

*Time it yourself – Go to Google, type: copyright symbol photoshop Press enter.
BN
Brooklyn NYC USA
May 17, 2004
"David Kershaw" wrote in message

Why be offensive? just choose to answer questions that interest you and ignore the rest! I’m not trying to tell you what to do, just saying what I do. The whole idea of this newsgroup is to expand the knowlage base of Photoshop users, it would be a pitty of asking a question only resulted in abuse. Why should anyone who subscribes to this Ng feel that their
question
is too symple to ask? There is no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people who do not ask when they do not know! As to using Google,
how
is that different to asking on a NG? The only people inconvenienced by a question are those answering and they do that because it pleases them to
do
so. Being offensive is a different matter, it just brings into question
the

There are no stupid questions, we just happen to ask stupid people.
DK
David Kershaw
May 17, 2004
"Brooklyn NYC USA" wrote in message
There are no stupid questions, we just happen to ask stupid people.
I can’t argue with that ;o)
DH
Desert Heat
May 17, 2004
Mr. or MS Voivod LOVES to argue and be right. He or she is the type of person who once is challenged will have to ‘prove’ his or her point. See their answer and I quote " Because I choose to be" I hope this person doesn’t work for the postal service since someday there will be another story of someone going "POSTAL".

OH WELL

: On Mon, 17 May 2004 10:50:29 +0100, "David Kershaw" : scribbled:
:
: >
: >"Voivod" wrote in message
: > : >> It’s not my fault he’s clue proof. I demonstrated that his question : >> could have been answered several thousand times over in under : >> 30 seconds either searching Google’s web or usenet archive. : >
: >Why be offensive? just choose to answer questions that interest you and :
: Because I chose to be. Of course that was after his anal response to : simply asked what he’d tried before asking…
:
: >ignore the rest! I’m not trying to tell you what to do, just saying what I
:
: You’re telling me what to do… but you’re not…. Confused much? :
: >do. The whole idea of this newsgroup is to expand the knowlage base of :
: The urge to expand your knowledge and make a spelling lame is strong…. :
: >Photoshop users, it would be a pitty of asking a question only resulted in
:
: That may be your whole idea of the group it’s not mine and you don’t get : to speak for anyone else.
:
: >abuse. Why should anyone who subscribes to this Ng feel that their question
: >is too symple to ask?
:
: Why shouldn’t anyone stop and think; "Can I answer this question in less : than 30 seconds at Google?" Your question would be answered BEFORE : anyone could even possibly reply. It’s sheer laziness and a fast food : menatality that keeps people from trying to learn something on their own : and THEN asking a question. Just look at his analogy for how his poor : widdle feelings got all hurted, he compared the people who freely give : their time to help people to store clerks. He’s acting like there’s some : sort of expected service level he’s entitled to.
:
: Stop.
:
: Think:
:
: "Can I answer this question in less than 30 seconds at Google?" :
:
: >There is no such thing as a stupid question, only
:
: Yes, there are.
:
: >stupid people who do not ask when they do not know! As to using Google, how
: >is that different to asking on a NG? The only people inconvenienced by a :
: It’s different –
: Learning to answer your own questions is never a bad thing. : Acomplishing something on your own is something to take pride in. : Questions could be answered BEFORE a reply is even possible. * :
: >question are those answering and they do that because it pleases them to do
: >so. Being offensive is a different matter, it just brings into question the
:
: It pleases me to be offensive when some blockhead flies off the handle : when asked simply "what have you already tried to acomplish this?" :
: >offenders ability, background and manners.>
:
:
: *Time it yourself – Go to Google, type: copyright symbol photoshop : Press enter.
V
Voivod
May 17, 2004
On Mon, 17 May 2004 08:26:53 -0700, "Desert Heat" scribbled:

Mr. or MS Voivod LOVES to argue and be right. He or she is the type of

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with being right.

person who once is challenged will have to ‘prove’ his or her point. See

That’s how challenges are usually resolved on this planet.

their answer and I quote " Because I choose to be" I hope this person

If you’re going to quote me at least use the word(s) I used.

doesn’t work for the postal service since someday there will be another story of someone going "POSTAL".

Amateur psychologist are often quite amusing…. you’re not.

OH WELL

: On Mon, 17 May 2004 10:50:29 +0100, "David Kershaw" : scribbled:
:
: >"Voivod" wrote in message
: > : >> It’s not my fault he’s clue proof. I demonstrated that his question : >> could have been answered several thousand times over in under : >> 30 seconds either searching Google’s web or usenet archive. : >
: >Why be offensive? just choose to answer questions that interest you and :
: Because I chose to be. Of course that was after his anal response to : simply asked what he’d tried before asking…
:
: >ignore the rest! I’m not trying to tell you what to do, just saying what I
:
: You’re telling me what to do… but you’re not…. Confused much? :
: >do. The whole idea of this newsgroup is to expand the knowlage base of :
: The urge to expand your knowledge and make a spelling lame is strong…. :
: >Photoshop users, it would be a pitty of asking a question only resulted in
:
: That may be your whole idea of the group it’s not mine and you don’t get : to speak for anyone else.
:
: >abuse. Why should anyone who subscribes to this Ng feel that their question
: >is too symple to ask?
:
: Why shouldn’t anyone stop and think; "Can I answer this question in less : than 30 seconds at Google?" Your question would be answered BEFORE : anyone could even possibly reply. It’s sheer laziness and a fast food : menatality that keeps people from trying to learn something on their own : and THEN asking a question. Just look at his analogy for how his poor : widdle feelings got all hurted, he compared the people who freely give : their time to help people to store clerks. He’s acting like there’s some : sort of expected service level he’s entitled to.
:
: Stop.
:
: Think:
:
: "Can I answer this question in less than 30 seconds at Google?" :
:
: >There is no such thing as a stupid question, only
:
: Yes, there are.
:
: >stupid people who do not ask when they do not know! As to using Google, how
: >is that different to asking on a NG? The only people inconvenienced by a :
: It’s different –
: Learning to answer your own questions is never a bad thing. : Acomplishing something on your own is something to take pride in. : Questions could be answered BEFORE a reply is even possible. * :
: >question are those answering and they do that because it pleases them to do
: >so. Being offensive is a different matter, it just brings into question the
:
: It pleases me to be offensive when some blockhead flies off the handle : when asked simply "what have you already tried to acomplish this?" :
: >offenders ability, background and manners.>
:
:
: *Time it yourself – Go to Google, type: copyright symbol photoshop : Press enter.
S
Stephan
May 18, 2004
"Brooklyn NYC USA" wrote in message

There are no stupid questions,

Wrong

Stephan

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections