Posted By
Dave__
May 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi All,

I have been using a pair of Viewsonics (19") as my solution for graphic development. These are full size CRT’s and I want to move to LCD…

In the past I heard that CRT was the only solution, but recently I have heard talk that some LCD’s are suitable for photoshop development.

So, what would be my best solution for a pair of large LCD’s (+19" – 21")

Also, if you have any links to a LCD/photoshop article(s) that would also be fantastic….

Thanks in advance for your comments..

Cheers,

Dave
http://www.davesdigitaldesigns.com/irish/

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

H
Hecate
May 14, 2004
On Thu, 13 May 2004 21:44:08 GMT, Dave__ wrote:

Hi All,

I have been using a pair of Viewsonics (19") as my solution for graphic development. These are full size CRT’s and I want to move to LCD…

In the past I heard that CRT was the only solution, but recently I have heard talk that some LCD’s are suitable for photoshop development.

Also, if you have any links to a LCD/photoshop article(s) that would also be fantastic….

If you’re willing to pay large amounts of cash, yes. Go look at the Eizo Flexscan L785 and L885.

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui
D
Dave__
May 14, 2004
Gezzz… i would be willing to part with about half of what those go for… not too many people can spill 4k for a single monitor… there must be another solution…

thanks for the head up Hecate

Dave

On Fri, 14 May 2004 03:18:28 +0100, Hecate wrote:

On Thu, 13 May 2004 21:44:08 GMT, Dave__ wrote:

Hi All,

If you’re willing to pay large amounts of cash, yes. Go look at the Eizo Flexscan L785 and L885.

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui
S
Stephan
May 14, 2004
"Dave__" wrote in message
Gezzz… i would be willing to part with about half of what those go for… not too many people can spill 4k for a single monitor… there must be another solution…

Yes, stay with CRT and wait a few more years

Stephan
S
Stephan
May 14, 2004
Hecate
I sent you a mail about a month ago.
Did you get it or did your filters zap me for some reason. Was about publishing.

Stephan
H
Hecate
May 15, 2004
On Fri, 14 May 2004 04:44:06 GMT, Dave__ wrote:

thanks for the head up Hecate
No problem. It’s why most of us are still sticking with CRT. For half the price of those you can get 2 19 or 21/22" monitors and have a massive, well colour-corrected desktop. Prices and quality are coming down, but it takes time. There is an Iiyama that’s pretty good at a cheaper price, but if you’re using the monitors to make a living through design and so forth, you need accurate colour correction. The Iiyama is close, but isn’t there yet.

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui
H
Hecate
May 15, 2004
On Fri, 14 May 2004 06:00:06 GMT, "Stephan"
wrote:

Hecate
I sent you a mail about a month ago.
Did you get it or did your filters zap me for some reason. Was about publishing.
No I got it, but for some reason it got buried amongst some other mails. Must be a faulty filter interaction. <sigh> I need to go and check that out. Meantime, I’m replying to you.

Sorry.

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections