T
Posted By
Trish
May 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
There is probably a really simple explanation for this, but since I’m pretty much a newbie with Photoshop, I can’t figure it out.

For some reason I’m no longer able to use any tool in the ps toolbox. When I click on any tool icon to use, all that will appear is something that resembles a precision cursor, only smaller. And that little cursor bull’s eye thing does’t appear to do anything. I’m stumped. I don’t know why this is happening. Any help would be great. I’ve haven’t been able to use PS for a couple of days now and it’s really starting to drive crazy. Thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

TD
The Doormouse
May 13, 2004
Trish wrote:

For some reason I’m no longer able to use any tool in the ps toolbox.

Wow. Finally Adobe added a feature that prevents bad design. It looks like AI has finally come into its own.

The Doormouse

The Doormouse cannot be reached by e-mail without her permission.
E
edjh
May 13, 2004
Trish wrote:
There is probably a really simple explanation for this, but since I’m pretty much a newbie with Photoshop, I can’t figure it out.
For some reason I’m no longer able to use any tool in the ps toolbox. When I click on any tool icon to use, all that will appear is something that resembles a precision cursor, only smaller. And that little cursor bull’s eye thing does’t appear to do anything. I’m stumped. I don’t know why this is happening. Any help would be great. I’ve haven’t been able to use PS for a couple of days now and it’s really starting to drive crazy. Thanks
Did you try resetting/trashing preferences? See Help if you don’t know how.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
M
Mike
May 13, 2004
in article , The Doormouse at
wrote on 05/12/2004 11:39 PM:

Trish wrote:

For some reason I’m no longer able to use any tool in the ps toolbox.

Wow. Finally Adobe added a feature that prevents bad design. It looks like AI has finally come into its own.

hahahaha.
S
Smurfy
May 13, 2004
"Trish" wrote in message

I assume you checked the tools brush size?
T
Trish
May 14, 2004
Thanks. I threw out my preferences, restarted PS and it worked….for a while. Then out of the blue, it reverted back to where none of the toolbox icons work (actually it seems that all the icons perform only as the eraser tool for some reason.)

Trish wrote:

H
Hecate
May 14, 2004
On Thu, 13 May 2004 01:54:20 -0400, Trish wrote:

Turn your caps lock off and see what happens…

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui
J
JupiterOrbit
May 14, 2004
I don’t think it’s that, seeing as how the caps lock was never on. Hecate wrote:

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui
H
Hecate
May 15, 2004
On Fri, 14 May 2004 01:52:15 -0400, JupiterOrbit
wrote:

I don’t think it’s that, seeing as how the caps lock was never on.

If you’re Trish, it’s easier if you stick to the same nym when posting. Makes it easier to give replies. If you’;re not Trish, how do you know?

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui
T
Trish
May 15, 2004
I think it just must be a glitch in PS. I’ve checked every logical possibility, but still no fix. I hope it just eventually rights itself on its own.
Hecate wrote:

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui
E
edjh
May 15, 2004
Hecate wrote:
On Fri, 14 May 2004 01:52:15 -0400, JupiterOrbit
wrote:

I don’t think it’s that, seeing as how the caps lock was never on.

If you’re Trish, it’s easier if you stick to the same nym when posting. Makes it easier to give replies. If you’;re not Trish, how do you know?

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui

Since Trish’s post isn’t all caps it seems unlikely that that is the problem. Worth checking though.

Comics art for sale:
E
edjh
May 15, 2004
Trish wrote:
I think it just must be a glitch in PS. I’ve checked every logical possibility, but still no fix. I hope it just eventually rights itself on its own.
Hecate wrote:

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui
Did you try trashing p[refs like o suggested?

Comics art for sale:

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections