S
Posted By
smorrey
Dec 5, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello all I’m a lefty and I’m looking to purchase a tablet in the near future. I have funds to purchase pretty much anything up to and including the Cintiq 21UX. But the only thing I’m worried about is the way that my hands work. You see when I write or draw, the meaty part of my hand tends to rest on the surface I’m working on, while the fingers do all the movement. The fact that this happens causes most tablets I’ve tried (albiet they are the low end stuff), to make a faded or in some cases distinct image of my hand, or the fact that my hand is at rest causes the pointer to jump around randomly on the screen. I have no desire to learn to write or draw with a different style. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good tablet for lefties? Thanx

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

NS
Nicholas Sherlock
Dec 5, 2005
wrote:
The fact that this happens causes most tablets
I’ve tried (albiet they are the low end stuff), to make a faded or in some cases distinct image of my hand

Odd.. which tablets are those? The only tablets I’ve seen (probably low end ones, I guess) have a pressure sensitive tip in the pen while the surface is just a slab of dumb plastic. If this is what you’re after, the Graphire tablet from Wacom would suit.

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock
CB
Colonel Blip
Dec 6, 2005
Hello, !
You wrote on 5 Dec 2005 12:02:16 -0800:

Another leftie heare. Don’t want to discourage you – in the final analysis you’ll need to try it yourself – but I’ve tried both the Wacom Graphire3 and the Aiptek 6000 USB Tablet and couldn’t get comfortable with either. I didn’t experience the problem you describe although I also cover the tablet with my ‘upside down’ hand posture. I wouldn’t waste time or $$$ on anything but a Wacom. It was clearly a superior tablet, just not something I could make work for me.

Thanks,

Colonel Blip.
E-mail:

s> Hello all I’m a lefty and I’m looking to purchase a tablet in the near s> future. I have funds to purchase pretty much anything up to and s> including the Cintiq 21UX. But the only thing I’m worried about is the s> way that my hands work. You see when I write or draw, the meaty part of s> my hand tends to rest on the surface I’m working on, while the fingers s> do all the movement. The fact that this happens causes most tablets s> I’ve tried (albiet they are the low end stuff), to make a faded or in s> some cases distinct image of my hand, or the fact that my hand is at s> rest causes the pointer to jump around randomly on the screen. I have s> no desire to learn to write or draw with a different style. Does s> anyone have any suggestions for a good tablet for lefties? Thanx

—-== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com – Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==—- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups —-= East and West-Coast Server Farms – Total Privacy via Encryption =—-
W
Waldo
Dec 6, 2005
wrote:
Hello all I’m a lefty and I’m looking to purchase a tablet in the near future. I have funds to purchase pretty much anything up to and including the Cintiq 21UX. But the only thing I’m worried about is the way that my hands work. You see when I write or draw, the meaty part of my hand tends to rest on the surface I’m working on, while the fingers do all the movement. The fact that this happens causes most tablets I’ve tried (albiet they are the low end stuff), to make a faded or in some cases distinct image of my hand, or the fact that my hand is at rest causes the pointer to jump around randomly on the screen. I have no desire to learn to write or draw with a different style. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good tablet for lefties? Thanx

I use a Wacom Graphire3 Studio XL (A5 size) with my left hand. No problems, nice tablet.

Waldo
N
noone
Dec 6, 2005
In article ,
says…

I’ve never seen the behavior that you indicate, but have only used the Wacom ArtZII -> Intuos III’s. Considering your style, I’d think that you would be a perfect candidate for a smaller tablet, as most movement comes from your fingers. I use my entire arm, and cannot work with the minute movements that smaller tablets dictate. If possible, give a smaller Wacom a try.

As stated by others, all of the tablets that I have ever worked with have ALL sensors in the stylus, and the base only picks up coordinates, not pressure.

Hunt
BK
Bill KB3GUN
Dec 6, 2005
wrote in message

Lefty here too. I use a Wacom Graphire 4 (4×5) with no problems. I’m not an upside-down lefty and my hand rests on the Wacom. The pad isn’t pressure sensitive, the pen is.

Good luck!
-Smitty

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections