RP
Posted By
Richard Pini
May 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve searched the PS manuals/books I have, searched PS sites and newsgroups, and have not found an answer to this – I’m hoping one may be found here:

I’m using PS 7 on a Mac G4, OS 10.2.8, plenty of RAM. I often work with documents (comic book pages) that have many layers of text. No trouble entering and moving text, but I notice that when I’m working in a text layer, the image of the text on my monitor will sometimes blink out, or not show the changes as I’m working on it. If I click on the move tool I can force the layer to show the changes, but that’s a pain (especially if I’m working on a large block of text – I may have to do this several times before I’m finished with the block). Is there some setting I’ve missed that affects the display?

Also (related?) let’s say I’m using a brush cursor (set in prefs to actual size). On a black layer, the circle should, and usually does, show up as white – and on a white layer, it shows as black. But not always; sometimes it just seems to disappear – no differentiation between cursor and background color.

Help?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

EG
Eric Gill
May 7, 2004
Richard Pini wrote in news:060520042015124337%
:

<snip>

I’m using PS 7 on a Mac G4, OS 10.2.8,

Do yourself a huge favor and upgrade to Panther.

plenty of RAM. I often work with
documents (comic book pages) that have many layers of text. No trouble entering and moving text, but I notice that when I’m working in a text layer, the image of the text on my monitor will sometimes blink out, or not show the changes as I’m working on it. If I click on the move tool I can force the layer to show the changes, but that’s a pain (especially if I’m working on a large block of text – I may have to do this several times before I’m finished with the block). Is there some setting I’ve missed that affects the display?

No. This will happen on a Windows box, too – usually in a large document with lots of layers. Seems to be an engine problem with Photoshop.

<snip>

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections