GW
Posted By
GRANT WALKER
Nov 22, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hi, i am using elements 2, epson r200 printer and epson 4990 scanner, i would like to scan and print my pen and ink art work to cards and open edition prints. i am having problems getting the printed results to look like the originals, what settings and file type should i use? with thanks
grant.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

I
iehsmith
Nov 22, 2005
On 11/22/05 4:13 AM, grant walker commented:

hi, i am using elements 2, epson r200 printer and epson 4990 scanner, i would like to scan and print my pen and ink art work to cards and open edition prints. i am having problems getting the printed results to look like the originals, what settings and file type should i use? with thanks
grant.

Scan as Lineart/Black & White at atleast 1200dpi at 100% original size. To keep it exactly as is your Image Mode should be Bitmap, Save as TIFF. I work in PS 6.0.1 and don’t have Elements, so I’m not sure what the differences are.

I’m not familiar with your printer, but you should get clean results printing in Black (not color), though you may have to increase quality or paper settings for fine lines. Higher quality paper would probably be very useful for better results.

If that works out and you want to do other things with your line art like colorizing areas or laying the lineart over other images, etc. come back and let us know what you want to try. If the above hasn’t worked, let us know specifically what is happening, what looks wrong; tell us specifically what settings you’re using, what paper, etc.

inez
T
Tacit
Nov 22, 2005
In article <9bCgf.686$>,
"grant walker" wrote:

hi, i am using elements 2, epson r200 printer and epson 4990 scanner, i would like to scan and print my pen and ink art work to cards and open edition prints. i am having problems getting the printed results to look like the originals, what settings and file type should i use?

Scan as a high-resolution one-bit bitmap (your scanner probably calls this "line art" mode). Make sure the scan is high resolution–600 dpi or better. Save it as a TIFF.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections