Posted By
V62
Nov 20, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How to convert L channel on a layer?
I am trying to use a program for sharpen (Absolute Sharpening) but only with the channel L of the Lab mode, and it is impossible since although it selects this channel uses others, a and b, during the process. I believe that the only solution is to turn the channel L into an independent layer, to focus this layer and then to merge with the ground layer. The problem is that I do not know how this does.
I hope that some guru of Photoshop should throw a hand.
thank you

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BH
Bill Hilton
Nov 20, 2005
How to convert L channel on a layer?
I am trying to use a program for sharpen (Absolute Sharpening) but only with the channel L of the Lab mode, and it is impossible since although it selects this channel uses others, a and b, during the process

In Lab mode select ‘channels’ and in the channels palette turn off (uncheck the eye) lab, a and b, leaving Lightness. Then sharpen this. It won’t use a and b (I do this manually with an edge mask so am familiar with the flow).

Bill

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections