BW
Posted By
Bret_Watson
Feb 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I was working just now on an image that took me a very long time, and unfortunatly i only saved half way through, and then my comp crashed after like a buncha hours of work. Is there away to recover the image that i was working on?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

TD
Thee_DarkOverLord
Feb 20, 2004
i only saved half way through

I mistake not to be remade me thinks.

Is there away to recover the image that i was working on?

you will have to give more information about the iamge first? do you know where it is? does it seem currupt, do you get any errors when trying to open it.

But you will only ever get the image at its last save point.
BW
Bret_Watson
Feb 20, 2004
damn man… that so sucks…. i checked the file browser.. im using XP and stuff, and CS, the file i saved.. isnt corrupt… but i see files in that filebrowser and stuff that have the same sorta name as my file….. there isnt ANYTHING after my save point??
TD
Thee_DarkOverLord
Feb 20, 2004
there isnt ANYTHING after my save point??

nope there wouldnt be, thats what save is for. But i can see how it can happen, does to me now and again, the image gets to big to keep doing saves as it takes to long. The file browser is a handy little tool, but some times if your not sure where you saveda file to, try the file drop down menu then open recant.
SB
Scott_Byer
Feb 20, 2004
No, there isn’t a way – it’s really, really, really important to remember to save occasionally.

Since you are running XP, the computer should NOT have crashed (Photoshop maybe, but not the computer). Suspect a hardware issue somewhere. Read the FAQ, it has some suggestions of how to check that out.

-Scott

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections