FB
Posted By
Fabio Bernardino
Apr 30, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a RIVA TNT2 32MB AGP. I have another computer so i need another video card. In the future i intend to add support for 2 monitors. I work with Photoshop 7 and i’m starting to make some home DV. I know the MATROX boards are the best recommended but they are not easy to find here. I have the option of a MSI GFX5200-TD128 DUAL + TV. Is this a good board to use with dual monitors ?

For photoshop and video editing i intend there is no performance advantage going to more expensive cards. Am i right ?

Thank you.

Fabio Pereira Bernardino
Rio de Janeiro – Brazil
— Remove SPAM before replying

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

H
Hecate
May 1, 2004
On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 17:56:50 -0300, Fabio Bernardino
wrote:

I have a RIVA TNT2 32MB AGP. I have another computer so i need another video card. In the future i intend to add support for 2 monitors. I work with Photoshop 7 and i’m starting to make some home DV. I know the MATROX boards are the best recommended but they are not easy to find here. I have the option of a MSI GFX5200-TD128 DUAL + TV. Is this a good board to use with dual monitors ?

It’s OK, but you’d be better off with an ATi Radeon if you can’t get a Matroxs. Of the three, the nVidia chipped cards are the worst at 2D which is what you want.

For photoshop and video editing i intend there is no performance advantage going to more expensive cards. Am i right ?
Yes. You only need the more powerful cards if you’re using 3D software or playing games.

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui
S
Stephan
May 1, 2004
"Fabio Bernardino" wrote in message

snip<

Where is here? There is no more here!
You are obviously connected to the internet. Enter Matrox in eBay or Froogle.

Stephan

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections