JC
Posted By
Josh Conley
Jun 29, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I work for a photography studio, and whenever i load images into Adobe it opens a dialogue box and asks if i want to keep inbedded color profile or convert to adobe’s color profile. I normally switch it to adobe’s, but if I choose to keep the embedded color it the dialogue box opens everytime i open the image. This is a pain because I open as many as 67 photos at a time, so i was wondering if there was a way to bypass the conversion dialogue box when i open a file from the camera.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

AP
Andrew Pietrzyk
Jun 29, 2003
so i was wondering if there was a way to bypass the conversion dialogue box when i open a file from the camera.

Sure.

Edit> Color Settings> Color Management Policies.

Preserve Embedded Profiles (if you donÂ’t want to convert)

Profile Mismatch> uncheck Ask When Opening.

I hope you do understand what “convert to working space” or “preserve embedded profile” does to your files and why you would want to take one course of action or the other.

If you’re unsure better say so now because working with Profile Mismatch/ Missing Profile warnings suppressed can be dangerous to your color. 🙂

Andrew
JC
Josh Conley
Jun 29, 2003
what would you suggest
AP
Andrew Pietrzyk
Jun 29, 2003
<http://www.computer-darkroom.com/photoshop_6/ps6_1.htm>

I donÂ’t mean to brush your off but I have to run. Do some reading and letÂ’s talk about it.

Which camera? What is the embedded profile? Your RGB working space?
BB
brent bertram
Jun 30, 2003
Josh,
Seeing that the imbedded profile is sRGB, I suspect that you are getting this info from the EXIF info data in the image. You might use the IgnoreEXIF utility to open the image "untagged" and see whether that’s easier on you. Seldom is a Digicam image truly sRGB , but more often closer to ColorMatchRGB or AdobeRGB colorspace. I generally ignore the EXIF info from my Nikon 995, and look at the images as both ColorMatch RGB and AdobeRGB, and "assign" the colorspace that seems more accurate. Generally this is the AdobeRGB, but not always. Then I convert to AdobeRGB ( if it’s not already there ) and proceed to edit. I’m sure you’ll hear of other workflows, that’s mine <G>.

🙂

Brent
AP
Andrew Pietrzyk
Jul 1, 2003
Josh,

If you are going to correct/ edit these images in Photoshop and your final product is print then you should convert them to Adobe RGB (1998).

As Brent mentioned chances that sRGB actually is an accurate profile for YOUR camera are slim to none. In reality that doesnÂ’t matter much. Short of having custom profile for your specific camera sRGB may be as good or better than any randomly selected source profile as long as conversion results in reasonable image that you can work with.

If you are happy with sRGB to Adobe RGB conversion you can set CM policies to “Convert to Working RGB” and uncheck “Ask When Opening” under Profile Mismatch. This way PS will convert without bringing Mismatch dialog every time you open multiple images from the same source.

Be careful though if your images come from different or unknown source. You’d want to know what they are hence “ask when opening” checked.

HTH.

Andrew

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections