Koenraad
Apr 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed

[crossposted in comp.graphics.apps.photoshop]

Hi,

I’m trying to create a small mosaic tile of a picture.

It’s off course no big deal with the mosaic filter.
Then I save the picture in GIF-format with 64 colors.

What I want to have is a grid with the RGB values (or any other code) of the used colors filled in the grid. (like those do-it-yourself paintings with the code filled in the areas)
Is this possible?
Maybe with some other plug-in or software?

Blood, sweat & tears

Linus Torvalds about the GPL:
"It’s not just a crazy idea that some lefty Commie hippie dreamed up in a drug-induced stupor."

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

O
Odysseus
Apr 28, 2004
In article <qkAjc.88661$>,
Gunter Schelfhout wrote:

What I want to have is a grid with the RGB values (or any other code) of the used colors filled in the grid. (like those do-it-yourself paintings with the code filled in the areas)
Is this possible?

The only thing I can think of is to open the indexed-colour version’s colour palette with Image > Mode > Color Table; you can get values for each individual colour. But I don’t know how the palette could be saved directly as a human-readable table; the CLUT file created from the Save command in the dialog isn’t very helpful as it stands. There may be a way to convert the data in such a file to a readable format, though.

Odysseus
D
dplank
Apr 28, 2004
If you open the file in ImageReady there is a color table that shows the colors used in a gif file. You can use Auto or type in the number of colors you want to use and IR will update the color table.

Gunter Schelfhout wrote:

[crossposted in comp.graphics.apps.photoshop]

Hi,

Is this possible?
V
vrece
May 3, 2004
"D.Plank" …
If you open the file in ImageReady there is a color table that shows the colors used in a gif file. You can use Auto or type in the number of colors you want to use and IR will update the color table.

You can use your own colors and not only colors, may be tile images test Mosaic Creator
http://www.aolej.com/mosaic

vrece
D
d-signer
May 5, 2004
You can use file of Color Table (Windows *.ACT, Mac OS 8BCT) which ha following spec (getting form Photoshop v.6 SDK):

Color Table

Color Table files are loaded and saved in Photoshop

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections