Posted By
sfkillers
Feb 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi there,
Someone created an image using Photoshop 6 and I need to edit some of the text in the image. I only have 5.5. When I use the TYPE tool, I can select the text and I only end up writing over it.
I used to be able to do this using Photoshop 6 trial version but the trial have expired long time ago. I downloaded the latest Photoshop trial but still can’t edit the text, I only can write over it.
Is there away to edit the text using 5.5? or the new trial version? Let me know.

thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

SF
Scott_Falkner
Feb 18, 2004
Is the text on its own layer as editable text? If not, then you cannot edit it, but you can recreate it as a new text layer.

There are several enhancements to text layers in Photoshop from versions 5.5 to 6, so you might not be able to access a text layer that uses those features. You also cannot edit text that is in a font you don’t have, unless you change the font of that text.

If the text is part of the underlying image, and has been flattened so it is not on its own layer, then you have more work to do.
S
sfkillers
Feb 19, 2004
Thanks.
The text is on its own layer for sure. How can I recreat it as a text layer? The TYPE option is grayed out when I slect layer from the menu.

Also, why can’t the new version of photoshop be used to edit the text? As I said, I was able to edit it using photoshop 6 and 7.

Is there anyway I can get an upgrade from 5.5 to 6? I can’t spend tht much money on something that I end up using 3-5 times a year.

Thanks
S
sfkillers
Feb 19, 2004
I just figured out how to edit this in the new version. I will try to upgrade so I don’t have to run into this again.
thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections