I
Posted By
Ivyna
Feb 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This is a new one by me. But starting today, I’m unable to open a new file. I go to File>New, and the program freezes.

I’m still able to open other files, it just doesn’t start a new one.

I haven’t done anything unusual to the program or changed any settings or installed any other programs recently. Restarting the computer doesn’t help either. It started when I was trying to Copy>Paste an image from Illustrator.

Any idea why it might be doing this?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RK
Rob_Keijzer
Feb 18, 2004
Your program doesn’t freeze, the new file dialog is probably off screen. Did you change resolution or monitor configuration lately?
Switch to a higher monitor resolution, drag the (now visible) dialog to the top left corner and reset the res that you want.

Rob
I
Ivyna
Feb 18, 2004
Tried it, but it’s not that. When I hit Ctrl Alt Delete it tells me the program isn’t responding and I have to shut it down.

It may just be my computer though, it’s been really weird lately.
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 18, 2004
Robert Levine "Dialog box is missing??" 2/14/04 5:41pm </cgi-bin/webx?13/0>

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections