B
Posted By
bartokomous
Feb 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I doubleclick on any image, Photoshop will show nothing (if Photoshop is not running, it will launch the program and do nothing after that…if it is running, it will go to photoshop and do nothing).

I have to then go to Photoshop, and go to open, and then choose the file (which is rather annoying). That opens the image perfectly.

I have Photoshop 6.0.1 running it on xp. I have tried reinstalling the program as well as whacking the preference file to Photoshop. Both, to no avail. I have 2 copies of the same program running on different machines, both running xp. I only have this issue with one computer, which has all the same programs on it as other one that works.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

L
LenHewitt
Feb 17, 2004
Look in the FAQ’s sub-forum….

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?50@@.ef85de5
B
bartokomous
Feb 17, 2004
The answer is given in an old message (LenHewitt "Double-Clicking JPG’s doesn’t work in PS7" 5/6/02 11:42pm </cgi-bin/webx?50>)…

A. XP/Win2k has put in a bad registry key used for opening that kind of file. If you feel *comfortable* editing the registry, you can find the bad key at

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\Photoshop.exe\shell\open\comm and\(Default)

For some reason, sometimes Windows XP creates this key the first time without "%1" at the end. Delete the (Default) entry, go to Windows Explorer, select a file type you want to open in Photoshop, right click, go to Open With, select Choose Program, click Browse (Photoshop won’t be in the list after deleting the registry key), select your Photoshop executable, and make sure "Always use…" is checked.

If you do not feel comfortable editing the registry DO NOT DO THIS.

You can work around it by dragging the image onto the Photoshop main window background after Photoshop is opened.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections