TR
Posted By
Trial Run
Oct 28, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have View/Rulers on, I can see in the top left corner on the ruler, the little lines that I should be able to drag out my guides lines with.
I click on them and hold my mouse button and then release it when it is where I want the guide line, but nothing stays there. I can see the line moving with my house across the image.
The color is default blue, are there any other settings that I need to adjust, such as the size??
I was following a tut Chapter 9 in CIBCS2.
http://www.adobe.com/education/pdf/cib/pscs2/pscs2_cib_09.pd f Page 5.
I am only one week into PSCS2 and so far this is the only thing I have not been able to get to work!!
Any suggestions?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

TR
Trial Run
Oct 28, 2005
Geezz got it!! Drag from the numbers area, not the upper most left corner of the rulers!! Cursor turns into a little two way black arrow thingy!!
This is just for us newbies…the rest of you continue on!! ;o)
N
noone
Oct 28, 2005
In article , legacy64
@hotmail.com says…
Geezz got it!! Drag from the numbers area, not the upper most left corner of the rulers!! Cursor turns into a little two way black arrow thingy!!
This is just for us newbies…the rest of you continue on!! ;o)

Glad you got it. That little "box" in the upper left allows you to zero your rulers for some point, other than the upper left corner.

Hunt
TR
Trial Run
Oct 29, 2005
Aaahhhh that’s why my ruler numbers where moving the "0" halfway across my page!!
I couldn’t figure out why it was doing that either, but now I do!! Thanks so much!!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections