RS
Posted By
rachel_sea
Feb 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
If anyone has a suggestion on how to correct this image (for web use), I would appreciate it: <http://www.geocities.com/rachelm74/testimage.html>

Two problems that seem obvious to me are that that image is very flat and has a ton of blue in it. Using Pshop 5.5 and Elements (Windows), I have tried:

sharpening edges: once works (twice is too much)
brightness and contrast: neither improved the image quality adjusting backlighting did seem to improve it a bit, but not enough to make a noticeable impact.

I am trying other approaches too, but if anyone has advice, I’d very much appreciate it.

Thanks,

Rachel ()

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

TD
Thee_DarkOverLord
Feb 13, 2004
Curves
SH
Sami Huhtala
Feb 13, 2004
Actually the image is not flat. The contrast is ok (maybe even too much). The real problem is that there is no details in the darkest parts of the image.

The colorcast is easily removed with Curves (Ctrl-M): Just keep clicking areas that should be neutral with the grey (middle) eyedropper.

-Sami

If anyone has a suggestion on how to correct this image (for web use), I would appreciate it: <http://www.geocities.com/rachelm74/testimage.html>

Two problems that seem obvious to me are that that image is very flat and has a ton of blue in it. Using Pshop 5.5 and Elements (Windows), I have tried:

sharpening edges: once works (twice is too much)
brightness and contrast: neither improved the image quality adjusting backlighting did seem to improve it a bit, but not enough to make a noticeable impact.
I am trying other approaches too, but if anyone has advice, I’d very much appreciate it.
Thanks,

Rachel ()
GD
glen_deman
Feb 14, 2004
Hey Rachel

I’m not very good at curves, so I just did my own thing. This was my attempt:

<http://www.geocities.com/bmphan>

I took out the blue using levels; just went to the blue channel and slid the mid slider to 0.64. Green channel mid slider to 0.90.

Then I took out some of the jpeg noise by cleaning up the channels in Lab mode.

I did a simple sharpening (duplicate the layer, run the high pass filter (1 pixel radius), set layer to soft light) 3 times. In general, it’s recommended to do a light sharpening several times as opposed to a big sharpening once.

Finally, I did use a curves adustment to give more color to the skin tones. I went to each color channel and brought the curve down a bit. I should have done that before the sharpening, as sharpening should be the last step. Oh well, you get the idea.

Oh, as far as the image being flat; there are some who could do wonders with this image, but for me, it seems that there’s not a lot of info to be manipulated here. The dark areas have no detail to be brought out so I just left them alone.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections