A
Posted By
AFN
Feb 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m using Photoshop and right now I have dual 19" CRT monitors at 1280 x 1024 each. They are Hitachi monitors with a super crisp .22 dot pitch. I don’t see dots unless I really look close.

Now I want to upgrade to 1 big LCD monitor or 2 smaller ones. I went to the store and I saw a bunch of LCD monitors, including the apple 23" cinema wide one. I wanted to see the Samsung, but it wasn’t available to see. My general opinion? The pixels are just too noticeable. It bothered me. So I looked at the laptop screens and a 14" Sony Vaio with roughly 1400 x 1000 resolution looked nice, as did a 15" Vaio screen with the same resolution. Was I just more impressed with these because there were more pixels per square inch than the 19" LCDs I saw with 1280 x 1024 resolution??? I don’t know.

Can someone suggest an LCD monitor that looks really good without all the noticeable pixels? 1 big one or 2 smaller ones. And does "dot pitch" matter on LCDs like it did when I bought these two Hitachi CRT monitors I have now?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections