SF
Posted By
Scott_Falkner
Feb 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve been given a Hewlett Packard Scanjet 500c, a low-quality consumer level scanner with a motorized photo feeder on the lid and the worst scanning software in history. If anyody makes a comporable scanner with feeder for under $1,000, my company will probably buy ten of them.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

SF
Scott_Falkner
Feb 12, 2004
Wow, so nobody makes a better scanner than the HP 5500c? I weep for the technology sector.
RH
r_harvey
Feb 12, 2004
Maybe you’re asking the wrong crowd. Many folks here do lower-volume, higher-quality stuff. You might pose the question again in the Acrobat forum, since they’re used to churning through large quantities of paper.
EM
Eugene_Malymeik
Feb 13, 2004
Scott

Take this as a positive suggestion. Do not throw good money away as I did for several years buying low end scanners with poor software. After going through numerous scanners I finally bought an Epson 1680 Flatbed for just over $1,000.00, with SiverFast Software and it has already paid for itself in less then a month. Low -end consumer scanners are good for certain applications but if quality, image size and user control is important consider high end. Also most low end scanners have their own software limiting what control you have. That’s one reason I gave up on HP. I’m sure you will get replies that disagree, but remember everyone can buy a scanner and kick out "material" but not everyone will buy quality and turn out quality products which can put you and your company above the competition.

Microtek is another source for scanners. I also recommend doing an online search, like google.com and you will be surprized at what you will find.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections