GH
Posted By
Guy_Howe
Feb 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Does anyone have any experience or knowledge regarding original image security (like watermarks, date/time stamps, etc) that would be sufficient to prove the integrity of the original image? By way of explanation, digital photographic images unlike 35 mm images can be changed or altered while still in digital format. In a court of law that leaves at least the possiblity of ‘reasonable doubt’ as to the accuracy of a digital image. It has been suggested that original images be somehow marked as such to avoid this situation. Any ideas?

Inv. Guy Howe
Benton Co. Arkansas Sheriff’s Office

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

J
JasonSmith
Feb 11, 2004
I’m sure you’ve seen the article on cnn.com that was out yesterday?
CW
Colin_Walls
Feb 11, 2004
Sounds like an application for a reverse version of the normal private/public double key encryption, where you have one [private] key to encrypt the file and another [public] one to open it. Only an encrypted file could be accepted as evidence.
CW
Colin_Walls
Feb 11, 2004
Just to illustrate by example:

You send me an image, which you have encrypted. I get the key from the Arkansas Sheriff’s Office Web site, where it is easily available, and open the image. I can’t mess with the image, as I’d need to encrypt it again for it to be acceptable and I don’t have the key.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections