IA
Posted By
Irene_and_Lubos_Palounek
Feb 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
What is the best workflow using the Photoshop CS, Nikon LS-5000 film scanner, PictureCode Noise Ninja, and the Photokit Sharpener Plug-In?

Couple a days ago, we got the Nikon LS-5000 Film Scanner. It comes with the “Digital ICEquad Advanced” which controls the Digital DEE and the Digital GEM functions of the scanner. The Digital GEM (Grain Equalization Management) reduces effect of film grain. The Unsharp Mask palette controls the sharpening algorithms of Nikon Scan; the user can select different sharpening values for different colors.

What Nikon Scan setting should be used with Noise Ninja and Photokit Sharpener? What is the best workflow?

Thanks for you suggestions – Lubos.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

ND
Nick_Decker
Feb 11, 2004
Lubos, I don’t have experience with the Nikon scanner or Noise Ninja, but I believe that the authors of PhotoKit Sharpener would recommend that you not perform any sharpening before using their product. Once you have the image scanned, I would go directly to the Capture Sharpener. It’s designed to be used very early in the editing process, to counteract the inherent softness of a digital capture. Then you would proceed to Creative and Output sharpening, based on what your image required.

Hope that helps.

Nick

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections