WP
Posted By
will_patterson
Feb 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
all of a sudden when i run photoshop, after loading some stuff and plug-ins on the startup screen, the prgram quits. i think it happens when it hits the brush presets or something. what can be the problem?it was working perfectly before.

i’m using photoshop 7 on XP
512M ram, 2.0 G pentium

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

RL
Robert_Levine
Feb 11, 2004
Trash your prefs. See the FAQs for details.

Bob
WP
will_patterson
Feb 11, 2004
thanks
S
SDA
Aug 24, 2008
Hi Buko:

Just wanted to mention that your advice fixed this same problem for me, which occured over the past few days. I’ve been having scanner problems and have been installing various scanner softwares, and I noticed that on startup today that it was crashing just when the TWAIN preferences were being loaded. Windows XP x64 PhotoshopCS3

Thanks.
B
Buko
Aug 24, 2008

B)
RC
Roy_Close
Nov 24, 2008
Whoopee! I’ve been struggling all day to solve this problem, and now — Joy at last!
JI
Jeffrey_Ignarro
Nov 25, 2008
Just a little fyi to go with this.
The fact that Photoshop ran fine and suddenly now is stalling when getting to the Twain plugin on startup means that your scanner driver has most likely become corrupt. If you trash your current driver and reinstall it you won’t have this issue. Buggy drivers like this are precisely the reason that Photoshop now ships with the Twain plugin optional.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Nov 25, 2008
Much better idea:

Trash the TWAIN plug-in and scan using your scanner software as a stand-alone application.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections