Posted By
frankg
Oct 22, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Windows XP

After burning files to CD and checking them in the CD drive, I now have this issue that whenever I go to the File menu to Open a file, instead of providing the normal window, a message pops up "insert cd into Drive E: " (my cd drive)How can I get rid of this and resume the normal File >Open window ?

=========

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

N
noone
Oct 22, 2005
In article <G7t6f.12934$>,
says…
Windows XP

After burning files to CD and checking them in the CD drive, I now have this issue that whenever I go to the File menu to Open a file, instead of providing the normal window, a message pops up "insert cd into Drive E: " (my cd drive)How can I get rid of this and resume the normal File >Open window ?

Frank,

If I understand your problem, PS (or other program) wanting to Open from a previous drive/device/folder, even when it is not present, i.e. the CD has been removed from the drive, all you have to do is hit Cancel. At that point, you should get a tree of drives/folders. Just navigate to where you have the file(s) stored, that you wish to Open. Open them in the normal manner, and PS (or other program), will remember THAT location. IIRC, there is a setting in Edit>Preferences, that will direct PS to "remember" the location of the last Open[ed] file. If you do not wish to encounter this situation again, uncheck it. OTOH, if you do, you will probably be directed to the Adobe\PS folder, and have to navigate to your image folder each time.

Hunt
F
frankg
Oct 22, 2005
Fixed

"frankg" wrote in message
Windows XP

=========
J
Jimmy
Oct 22, 2005
Glad you got the problem fixed. Just incase others have a similar problem now or in the future, could you at least tell us what you did to solve the problem?

Fixed

Windows XP

=========

F
frankg
Oct 22, 2005
I’m embarrassed to admit how simple it was. I had been hitting the Cancel button over and over again to no avail. So then I tried clicking the X close box (top right cnr) – voila

"Jimmy" wrote in message
Glad you got the problem fixed. Just incase others have a similar problem now or in the future, could you at least tell us what you did to solve the problem?

Fixed

Windows XP

After burning files to CD and checking them in the CD drive, I now have this issue that whenever I go to the File menu to Open a file, instead of providing the normal window, a message pops up "insert cd into Drive E: " (my cd drive)How can I get rid of this and resume the normal File
Open window ?

=========

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections