N
Posted By
nomailthankyou
Oct 19, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all, hope you can answer this question…

I’ve imported a portrait into Photoshop CS and applied the Cutout filter, so the portrait has now been condensed to just 4 colours.

I want to be able to select one of the colours, and change it, so any instance of that color now appears as something else, for example, I’d like to change all bits of yellow, to red. Is there a simple way of doing this? I presume there’s an easier way than just using the magic want to pick out all yellow parts, then applying the red.

Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

I
iehsmith
Oct 19, 2005
On 10/19/05 9:00 AM, uttered:

I’ve imported a portrait into Photoshop CS and applied the Cutout filter, so the portrait has now been condensed to just 4 colours.
I want to be able to select one of the colours, and change it, so any instance of that color now appears as something else, for example, I’d like to change all bits of yellow, to red. Is there a simple way of doing this? I presume there’s an easier way than just using the magic want to pick out all yellow parts, then applying the red.
Thanks.

There are different ways depending on your needs. Eyedropper sample the color then menu Image>Adjust>Replace Color. Or, Image/Adjust/Hue & Saturation. If you applied any blending you could try sampling, then Select>ColorRange.

hth,
inez
T
Tacit
Oct 20, 2005
In article ,
wrote:

Yes. You can use Select->Color Range, which gives you a lot more control over the selection than the Magic Wand does. (The magic Wand is a relatively clumsy tool that you’ll probably stop using altogether once you become more experienced with Photoshop.)

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
K
KatWoman
Oct 20, 2005
wrote in message

Thanks.

use an adjustment layer called SELECTIVE color
in the drop down choose the color you want changed (yellow) use the sliders to add and delete from the hue (add magenta)

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections