Posted By
shamilton72
Oct 18, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I’m trying to remove wires from a sunset shot and the middle of the picture is fine as it’s clear sky so I just use the Clone Stamp tool.

However, to either side of the picture there are trees and at 100% magnification (or more) the wires completely mingle with the very narrow branches of the trees, making the clone stamp impossible (at least for me).

Literally ever 2mm there is a branch intersecting with the wires. The wires are behind the trees. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Sarah.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

N
noone
Oct 18, 2005
In article , shamilton
says…
Hi,

I’m trying to remove wires from a sunset shot and the middle of the picture is fine as it’s clear sky so I just use the Clone Stamp tool.
However, to either side of the picture there are trees and at 100% magnification (or more) the wires completely mingle with the very narrow branches of the trees, making the clone stamp impossible (at least for me).

Literally ever 2mm there is a branch intersecting with the wires. The wires are behind the trees. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,

Sarah

Sarah,

Quick thought – can you clone MORE tree branches to obscure the wires in line with the tree. Obviously, if the tree(s) was leafed out, it would be a no- brainer, but you did say "branches." Otherwise, you may need to work at near pixel-level to clone over the wires.

Hunt
K
Kingdom
Oct 18, 2005
wrote in news:1129661890.947404.33230
@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Hi,

Regards,

Sarah.

Magnify the image, shrink down the clone tool and clone out the biger areas, use the healing tool on the other bits that are left. if that doesnt remove it consider using a fetherd mask and either vingnett or gussian blur or both the trees. Should still look good.

Art, like morality, consists in drawing the line somewhere.
HL
Harry Limey
Oct 19, 2005
wrote in message >

Regards,

Sarah.

Can you superimpose some complete trees from a similar picture over the top of the existing trees and wires??
S
shamilton72
Oct 20, 2005
Thanks for the help guys, superimposing trees did the job!

Regards,

Sarah.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections