MS
Posted By
Mariana_saltachin
Feb 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Do you know how can I fix this? the only way is to export the image with the Save as Web tool, but the resolution became very poor. Tks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MM
Mac_McDougald
Feb 6, 2004
Save As Jpeg should work fine in all versions of Word, assuming you have the import filters installed (in Word).
There is (maybe) a problem with older versions of Word if you include color space info, so uncheck that option in case.
Use Insert/Picture/From File in Word.

Mac
MS
Mariana_saltachin
Feb 6, 2004
I do not think the problem is an older version of Word, since I have Microsoft Word 2000…but it may be uninstalled filters…how do I do that? do I have to download them from a website?
SG
shecky_greene
Feb 6, 2004
…how do I do that?

Run Word setup from install CD and choice Add Features. Then go to Converters & Filters – Graphic Filters and check the appropriate items to run from your computer.
GT
Gene Trujillo
Feb 6, 2004
If the "save for web" JPEG works, it’s not a lack of a filter that’s the problem. Word is likely choking on the preview, ICC profile, or exif data.

Try going to Edit>Preferences>File Handling and change Image Previews to something other than "Always Save" and don’t include the preview when you save.

but the resolution became very poor.

The reason the resolution became very poor is that JPEG was intended for the screen, not print, so it doesn’t natively have resolution. Is there a reason you’re using JPEG instead of TIFF?
MM
Mac_McDougald
Feb 6, 2004
If the "save for web" JPEG works, it’s not a lack of a filter that’s the problem.

Yeah, MS products generally notify you if the functionality isn’t present.

That being said, I have Word 2000 and Photoshop 6 on this laptop (I’m out of town reading group). I just placed a digicam JPEG with EXIF info in it into Word, no prob.

I then resaved it in PS, with image preview AND ICC profile imbedded and put in Word. No prob.

Note: PS 6 doesn’t preserve EXIF, so I couldn’t test having all 3 factors in there.

Mac
GT
Gene Trujillo
Feb 6, 2004
I think some programs have had trouble with the PS7 preview. If you have it, make sure and apply the 7.0.1 update.
JM
John_Mensinger
Feb 6, 2004
Both AI and PS will save CMYK images in JPEG, but MS Office doesn’t support CMYK image data…are your images CMYK? Or maybe 16 bits?
RL
Robert_Levine
Feb 6, 2004
Newer versions of Office apps will accept CMYK files. They won’t print that way, but they should display and print RGB just fine.

Bob
MS
Mariana_saltachin
Feb 6, 2004
Thank you all for your help. I tried Gene Trujillo’s solution with the preferences but it didn’t work. I remember that I never had this problem with Photoshop 6 but since I upgraded to version 7 this happens a lot.

When I insert the picture in Word it looks like a "broken link". But this happens only with the pictures exported to jpg from Photoshop, the others JPG work fine.

I’m going to try to get the upgrade and tell you how it works.

Thanks agains.
RL
Robert_Levine
Feb 6, 2004
Those JPGs aren’t being saved as progressive, are they?

Bob
MS
Mariana_saltachin
Feb 6, 2004
No, they are saved as Baseline Standard. The TIFF files will increase the size of the file and I need it to be as light as possible.
JM
John_Mensinger
Feb 6, 2004
Mariana, I suggest you try PNG format.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections