Sep 30, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just posted this tip in a reply on alt.graphics.photoshop when it occurred
to me that it would probably be useful for most people with Windows XP, so
here it is..

Not many people know this!!! – but if you have Windows XP you can highlight all the files, and then right click and choose rename – only one of the files will open for renaming – go ahead and put what you like but include the extension – i.e. .jpg and press transmit, all your

highlighted files are then renumbered sequentially!!

Harry

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

G
Gormless
Oct 1, 2005
"harrylimey" wrote in message
like but include the extension – i.e. .jpg and press transmit, all your

When you press transmit do you have to say Breaker Breaker? Or is it 10-4?
K
KatWoman
Oct 1, 2005
here it is..

Not many people know this!!! – but if you have Windows XP you can highlight all the files, and then right click and choose rename – only one of the files will open for renaming – go ahead and put what you like but include the extension – i.e. .jpg and press transmit, all your

Harry
"transmit" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA good funny one
whattaya think were some kinda windows noobs?
PS look down your transmit key says ENTER!
K
KatWoman
Oct 1, 2005
here it is..

Harry

oh and FYI if you plan on using the renamed files for the web think again, the stupid rename leaves spaces that you can’t get rid of in batch, only one by one, sort of defeats the whole purpose if you intend them for web use (you cannot upload them with spaces in the file names or the parentheses it adds.)

The batch rename in PS is far superior and with many more options, I didn’t mention it to the OP because he said he has 7.0 and I can’t remember if it has that feature.
K
KatWoman
Oct 1, 2005
here it is..

Harry

oh and FYI if you plan on using the renamed files for the web think again, the stupid rename leaves spaces that you can’t get rid of in batch, only one by one, sort of defeats the whole purpose if you intend them for web use (you cannot upload them with spaces in the file names or the parentheses it adds.)

The batch rename in PS is far superior and with many more options, I didn’t mention it to the OP because he said he has 7.0 and I can’t remember if it has that feature.
HL
Harry Limey
Oct 1, 2005
"KatWoman" wrote in
Harry
OK. OK!! thought I was being helpful, On my keyboard there is a graphic of an arrow, I should have said "press arrow"
I believe that once long ago it was called the transmit key!! I’m sure someone will set me straight if I’m wrong.
G
ggull
Oct 3, 2005
"Harry Limey" wrote …
"KatWoman" wrote
OK. OK!! thought I was being helpful, On my keyboard there is a graphic of an arrow, I should have said "press arrow"
I believe that once long ago it was called the transmit key!! I’m sure someone will set me straight if I’m wrong.

For those of us who remember the days of the "type writer" — it was a clever device that combined the functions of the keyboard, computer, word processing software and printer all in one small package, and put letters directly to paper — this was called the "carriage return" key. That was on the electric versions of typewriters. On the original non-electric ones, you didn’t press a key but actually had to reach up, grab a lever, pull it slightly down to unlock and then zing the carriage that carried the paper over to the left — and this is what that arrow on the computer’s "enter" key represents. At least on my keyboard, it’s not just a simple arrow, but has a slight downward bit before the long left arrow, symbolizing the old carriage return action.

It may have been called "transmit" on old teletype machines, which I seem to recall worked on a line by line basis .. you could (sort of) edit within a line, then when done transmit one line at a time.
E
Eva
Oct 3, 2005
KatWoman wrote:

here it is..

Harry

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4282936.stm
E
Eva
Oct 3, 2005
KatWoman wrote:

here it is..

Harry

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4282936.stm

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections