Posted By
Anil_Shakya
Feb 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hello,

am designing a large poster design which is 30 feet length and 4 feet hight, i had never done so large size design in photoshop, should i defined 30 X 4 feet in photoshop document size or just 30 X 4 inch is enough ? i think if i had to define tht size as actual output size then my computer couldnot support such a large file size because of memory. i heard that in flex print, it would be enough to define 30 X 4 inch for that output size because its print technology is different that paper printing.please suggest me.

and also tell me something about flex print technology, is it same like four color paper printing?

would be greatful to your great suggestion.

thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

SJ
sandy_johnson
Feb 4, 2004
Have you asked the service bureau what the require for resolution? For instance, if they want 360"x48" at 72dpi, it is the sample pixels as 86.4"x11.52" at 300dpi or 30"x4" at 864dpi. All these examples are 256mb uncompressed flattened files.
AS
Anil_Shakya
Feb 4, 2004
don’t have direct contact with pre press service bereau thats why i seeking help from forum.

have done several cover an magazine designs but had never done such a large size poster design. think flax printing technology is little bit different so i am a little bit confused.

thanks
SJ
sandy_johnson
Feb 4, 2004
If you know the name of the printer, try to find specs on their website. One site I found googling was sa-rigging.com and they suggested 300dpi at 30-50% actual size. Using the 50% guide, create it 180"x24" at 300dpi, or 90"x12" at 600dpi.

Depending on your design, you might be better creating it vector in Illustrator or Corel since vector never resamples resolution (like raster) when enlarging.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections