D
Posted By
dalgetyuk
Nov 19, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve taken some indoor shots from exactly the same position and aperture but with different shutter speeds to get the correct exposure for both detail on the inside and also the view through the windows.

I’m having the most difficulty around the edges of the window frames where there is a big contrast in light. So far I have tried bringing in the lighter images and putting them on top of the darker image (with the correct exposure for the view out of the windows). Then I’ve made a careful selection and used the eraser tool to bring through the view out of the window. I then tried using, with selections to keep the edges straight, the healing and cloning tools to try and sort out the edges. The whole process seems to take all day and I’m sure there is a much smarter way of doing it?

Does anyone know of a Photoshop tutorial that could help me on merging these images together and in particular getting the windows right? any other recommendations such as a good book that covers this would also be really appreciated.

Many thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

WS
Warren Sarle
Nov 19, 2003
"David Dalgety" wrote in message
I’ve taken some indoor shots from exactly the same position and aperture but with different shutter speeds to get the correct exposure for both detail on the inside and also the view through the windows.
I’m having the most difficulty around the edges of the window frames where there is a big contrast in light. So far I have tried bringing in the lighter images and putting them on top of the darker image (with the correct exposure for the view out of the windows). Then I’ve made a careful selection and used the eraser tool to bring through the view out of the window.

Use a layer mask, not the eraser tool.

There’s a whole chapter on combining different exposures in the book, "Photoshop Artistry".

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections