VC
Posted By
victoria.cash
Feb 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to design an invitation to an event for my non-profit organization in PageMaker, and wanted to use an image I found online and cannot seem to find it high-res anywhere. The format of the invite would be to use the image as a full bleed, but greyscale so it goes behind text.

Can someone tell me if there is a way to make a low-res image into a high-res image in Photoshop? When I try just upping the dpi from the Image Size window, it becomes highly pixelated. Or, is there some effect I can put on it to make the image appear ok (i.e. blur)?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

TD
Thee_DarkOverLord
Feb 3, 2004
Can someone tell me if there is a way to make a low-res image into a high-res image in Photoshop?

I can tell you that there isnt a way to do that in any software.
VC
victoria.cash
Feb 3, 2004
Thanks. Any way to make the low-res image still look ok for professional printing on an Invitation? Like – 25% screen and blur?
RL
Robert_Levine
Feb 3, 2004
Number one, make sure you’re not violating any copyrights by using that image.

Number two, you can’t turn lo res art into high res art.

Number three, if you really want to use it, try rescaling it about 10-15% at a time and then play with various filters to see if you can get a pleasing artistic effect.

Bob
TD
Thee_DarkOverLord
Feb 3, 2004
IF its a line drawing, you can trace it as a vector, then you can scale as much as you like.
SJ
sandy_johnson
Feb 3, 2004
Some filters that help: gaussian blur, despeckle, dust and scratches, and unsharp mask at end. Sometimes it helps to use the smudge tool to get rid of bad pixelation especially haloing an object. Resampling will make the file larger but you cannot add in information that’s not there. Is there a budget that you could buy a stock image instead? Or photograph it?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections