X
Posted By
Xeon
Feb 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi! Does anyone know of any Actions or tutorials or whatsoever to create the effect of splattered blood?

Like the effect you get when you throw a plastic-bag of blood on the floor. The result is splattered blood in all directions. 🙂

Good day,
Xeon.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

SJ
sandy_johnson
Feb 3, 2004
Why don’t you do it and scan it in? (LOL) <‘http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb008‘>
TD
Thee_DarkOverLord
Feb 3, 2004
Like the effect you get when you throw a plastic-bag of blood on the floor.

cant say i have ever done that 😉
L
LenHewitt
Feb 3, 2004
Xeon,

Like the effect you get when you throw a plastic-bag of blood on the
floor. <<

What strange hobbies you have…..could get you into lots of trouble, methinks.
RL
Robert_Levine
Feb 3, 2004
Sounds like a good business opportunity. The new "Jack the Ripper" plugin.

Bob
PC
Philo_Calhoun
Feb 3, 2004
It would be easier to do in Painter or with the Deep Paint plugin. If you wanted to do it in PS, draw with red but use lighting effects or layer style (bevel/emboss with high soften settings) to give dimension to the blood.
M
mistermonday
Feb 3, 2004
Eye Candy 4000 Water Drops filter does a great job if you set the color to blood red. Rgds, MM
PC
Philo_Calhoun
Feb 3, 2004
PS: You can try Deep Paint for free from <http://www.righthemisphere.com/> It would allow you to paint the blood and try out the program. The demo is fully functional and works for a month. Unfortunately, Painter does not have a demo any more. I prefer Painter over DP as the menus more match PS, it has better masks, is a bit more stable, and is easier to change brush size without going down a nested set of menus. Other than that, they are fairly similar. Techically, DP is a plugin, but in fact if merely transfers information back and forth between its standalone program. (so it is really not an advantage over Painter)
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 3, 2004
ec4000 (per mr monday’s suggestion) is also available as a free non-crippled demo for 30 days.

<http://www.alienskin.com>
PC
Philo_Calhoun
Feb 3, 2004
The demo of eyecandy will allow you to see the effect but it is in fact cripled for placing the blood droplets on a layer you can save. Also, you have limited control on how the droplets are placed.
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 4, 2004
really? that’s not how all the other filters work. I bought xeno2, splat and image dr. all after full working 30 day trials. i bought ec4k from the retailer on reputation alone. i just assumed it was the same as all thier other products. have you confirmed that philo? everything else there (except focus magic, which isn’t theirs) is 30 day full function.

ah, nevermind. from their site:

# The Xenofex 2 demo is fully functional for 30 days.

# The Image Doctor demo is fully functional for 30 days.

# The Splat! demo is functional for 30 days. Although it does not have the tube import/export feature, the rest of the demo is fully functional.

# In the Eye Candy 4000 demo, 3 of the 23 filters are fully functional: Glass, Marble and Shadowlab. You will be able to preview, apply and save effects on your work using these three filters. The other 20 filters allow you to preview, but not apply or save, their effects.

thanks for the info! 🙂
X
Xeon
Feb 4, 2004
Thanks a lot, guys!
Well , I’ve EyeCandy 4000, but I never know it could produce realistic effects. In fact, I was pretty disappointed with buying it, though.
But maybe I could take a look at DeepPaint.

My main problem is not the effects part : it’s how to draw that "Splattered blood" shape to make it look natural.

Thanks folks!
Xeon.
PC
Philo_Calhoun
Feb 4, 2004
I don’t have EyeCandy but tried the demo. Yes, it does a fair job of simulating blood, but I couldn’t figure out how one might actually use it to place a realistic splat on a photo. Maybe that is just me. Drawing programs are great, but they have a fair learning curve. I played around with the Deep Paint demo and found some of the impasto type paints pretty cool. There were annoyances that prevented me from purchasing it, as I already have Painter 8 and have gotten fairly good at using it. Good luck.
AP
Alpha_Papa
Feb 4, 2004
This is one I came across by accident making a logo.

To create the individual elements of a splat "ooze" 😀 :

1. Create a black circle. Select it and drag a radial red-black gradient from the origin to the circumference.

2. Deselect and liquify with the twirl tool pushing outwards to taste. Voila. You should have a shiny red bloody mass with a dark congealed rim.

3. Apply other liquify tools to taste – like a push to create the tear-like droplets that will form the outer spray of the "splat" pattern.

4. Dodge, burn and desaturate the resulting mass to taste.

5. Transform to resize as desired.

6. Now create a few more of these to form the splat spread you desire. No special plug-ins needed.

Adam.
PC
Philo_Calhoun
Feb 4, 2004
Sandy: the splatter brushes and blood styles from the action exchange create a very realistic mess. Good tip!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections