AB
Posted By
Andy Bearsley
Sep 13, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve been using the File Format pdf in the Photoshop 6 API to write a file converter for Photoshop. It doesn’t have the file definition for documents which have 16 bit-per-channel modes with layers.
Does anyone here have the format for the ‘Lr16’ block in the Photoshop PSD, or can they point me to someone who might know?
The RGB information appears to be compressed, but I really can’t work out what method of compression they’re using for 16 bit channels in a layer.

Any and all help greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
Andy B>

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

T
toby
Sep 13, 2005
Andy Bearsley wrote:
I’ve been using the File Format pdf in the Photoshop 6 API to write a file converter for Photoshop. It doesn’t have the file definition for documents which have 16 bit-per-channel modes with layers.
Does anyone here have the format for the ‘Lr16’ block in the Photoshop PSD, or can they point me to someone who might know?

This information is available only to supplicants under the Photoshop SDK Pay-and-Pray Programme, File Formats Jurisdiction. Adobe cannot make this information public for reasons of National Security (and because it might help people make interoperating software, God forbid).

The RGB information appears to be compressed, but I really can’t work out what method of compression they’re using for 16 bit channels in a layer.

I never solved that one but please take whatever clues you wish from my GPL’d PSD parser,
http://www.telegraphics.com.au/svn/psdparse/branches/psdpars e_cj/

Any and all help greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
Andy B>

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections