B
Posted By
BigT
Jun 28, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, I’m admittedly a newbie to PS and not very talented when it comes to graphics. Can you help with a problem?

My client wants a plain graphic in place of text. See two examples at www.accident999.co.uk/demopics.html

It must be those words, justified, and about that size, and all graphic, no text. It is for web use and will display mostly at 800 x 600 resolution.

The two examples look ugly, any way to sharpen the text in a graphic? It’s Arial 12 and 15 regular, no anti-aliasing as it looks worse if I do. Saving as a jpg rather than a gif is no improvement and triples the file size.

Any advice please? Is this as good as it can get?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

FN
Flo Nelson
Jun 28, 2003
If the text did not need to be justified, plain html text would be a lot crisper. There is a CSS (cascading stylesheet) style for justified text, supported by modern browsers – see
http://www.spiderpro.com/bu/bucssh001.html

Flo

"BigT" wrote in message
Hi, I’m admittedly a newbie to PS and not very talented when it comes to
graphics. Can you help with a problem?
My client wants a plain graphic in place of text. See two examples at www.accident999.co.uk/demopics.html

It must be those words, justified, and about that size, and all graphic,
no text. It is for web use and will display mostly at 800 x 600 resolution.
The two examples look ugly, any way to sharpen the text in a graphic? It’s
Arial 12 and 15 regular, no anti-aliasing as it looks worse if I do. Saving as a jpg rather than a gif is no improvement and triples the file size.
Any advice please? Is this as good as it can get?
Y
YrbkMgr
Jun 28, 2003
If that was created and rasterized at it’s destined resoltuion, then yes, kinda.

You can enhance it by doing a couple of things. If it’s me, and it HAS to be a graphic, I would take that finished graphic and duplicate the layer with a multiply blend mode., Then I would run various sharpening methods on it. I usually like a combo of USM with a high pass sharpening.

I’m not certain if there’s a way to improve it before it becomes rasterized, but one thing is for sure, I would do ALL the work at the destined resolution, no resizing.

Peace,
Tony
B
BigT
Jun 29, 2003
Thanks Tony!

Todd

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections