How Can I Use QuickTime files in Photoshop CS?

EC
Posted By
Eric_Coleman
Feb 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have the trial version of Photoshop CS for Windows and would like to do some work on a couple of QuickTime files, without going through Adobe Premiere. Is that possible? how can I convert them into Photoshop-friendly files? Completely new to this so any suggestions would help. Thanks.
Eric Coleman

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Y
YrbkMgr
Feb 3, 2004
Well, remember that QT files are sequences of frames. Photoshop only edits images – i.e., one frame at a time. So I’d be surprised if you were able to import a MOV file into photoshop.

Better off going through premier or using a screen cap utility; even though… premier.

<shrug>

Peace,
Tony
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 3, 2004
IIRC Image ready can import quicktime movies.
SG
shecky_greene
Feb 3, 2004
IIRC Image ready can import quicktime movies.

YRC correctly. Just open the .MOV in Image Ready and Save As .PSD. Each frame will be on a seperate layers.
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 3, 2004
Whee! 🙂
Y
YrbkMgr
Feb 3, 2004
Cool beans. I didn’t even think of it. Golf clap for Dave-o.
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 3, 2004
hold off on the golf claps. <g> i’ve never been able to get it to work on my machine (haven’t tried with cs yet). I’ve always gotten something like "Quicktime needs componant X to work, download it?" then say yes and it times out. I’ve heard of others with it working. Maybe you need the paid version not just the viewer.
MM
Mick_Murphy
Feb 3, 2004
It does work. I just tried it. I only have the free QuickTime.
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 3, 2004
Cool! Guess I need to try again with CS.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections