Frank
Apr 22, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Win98SE
PS7

I would like to make month by month calendar pages with an image printed on each page.
I want to size the sheets to fit into a cd case (insert) approx 4 9/16 x 5 3/8 inches.
With the photo being about 2 x3 inch top centre and the calendar portion about 3 3/4 x 1 3/4 inch bottom centre.
I can of course setup the canvas dimensions to size in PS, and the photo to size, but I need a calendar template that will generate the months accurately. And it should be scaleable to fit within my design & page size. And I’d like to select the font.

Any help appreciated.

Posted on the other PS group too.

xx

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
Roberto
Apr 22, 2004
You’ll want to use CorelDRAW for something like this. There is a free utility that creates calendars for any year and has tons of options. Creating things like this in a bitmap editor is less than optimal. Here is the advanced version.

http://oberonplace.com/products/calendarwizard/index.htm
F
Frank
Apr 22, 2004
You’ll want to use CorelDRAW for something like this. There is a free utility that creates calendars for any year and has tons of options. Creating things like this in a bitmap editor is less than optimal. Here is the advanced version.

http://oberonplace.com/products/calendarwizard/index.htm
Thanks for the reply but I dont want to invest in another ‘big’ program forthis one off project. Just thought there may be an easy way to do it. I found free templates for Word that you can drop a jpeg image onto, but they cannot be custom sized for my project – they’re fixed at 6×4 or 5×7 etc
J
Joe
Apr 22, 2004
"Frank" wrote:

Win98SE
PS7

I would like to make month by month calendar pages with an image printed on each page.
I want to size the sheets to fit into a cd case (insert) approx 4 9/16 x 5 3/8 inches.
With the photo being about 2 x3 inch top centre and the calendar portion about 3 3/4 x 1 3/4 inch bottom centre.
I can of course setup the canvas dimensions to size in PS, and the photo to size, but I need a calendar template that will generate the months accurately. And it should be scaleable to fit within my design & page size. And I’d like to select the font.

Any help appreciated.

Why not create a FULL page template with some line-draw to mark where the Photo & Text go. Then Drag & Drop the Photos, Text to the correct location, then you can disable or remove the template (background layer) then you have it.

If you want different size’s then draw more line. Just like when you go to store to buy a insole (one-size-fit-all), it has 1 template with many outline and you trim to whatever size you want. From a small woman size to a large big-foot man size.

===================8×10=========================
[][][][][][][][][] [][][]
{}{}{}{}{}{}{}
____________size 1______|
———————size 2————–|
———————size 3—————–|
———————size 4——————–|

===============WHOLE 8×10 ===========================
IP
i.perryman
Apr 22, 2004
Micromountain have free calendar templates for 2004 in JPEG and PS format. http://www.micromountain.com

"Joe" wrote in message
"Frank" wrote:

Win98SE
PS7

I would like to make month by month calendar pages with an image printed
on
each page.
I can of course setup the canvas dimensions to size in PS, and the photo
to
size, but I need a calendar template that will generate the months accurately. And it should be scaleable to fit within my design & page
size.
And I’d like to select the font.

Any help appreciated.

Why not create a FULL page template with some line-draw to mark where the Photo & Text go. Then Drag & Drop the Photos, Text to the correct location, then you can disable or remove the template (background layer) then you have it.

If you want different size’s then draw more line. Just like when you go to store to buy a insole (one-size-fit-all), it has 1 template with many outline and you trim to whatever size you want. From a small woman size to a large big-foot man size.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}
———————size 2————–|
———————size 3—————–|
———————size 4——————–|

F
Frank
Apr 23, 2004
Ian,
Thank you. Thank you.
For a moment I wondered whether my original question was reasonable. This is exactly what I had in mind.

======================================================

Micromountain have free calendar templates for 2004 in JPEG and PS format. http://www.micromountain.com
=====================================================
Win98SE
PS7

on
each page.
I want to size the sheets to fit into a cd case (insert) approx 4 9/16 x
3/8 inches.
to
size, but I need a calendar template that will generate the months accurately. And it should be scaleable to fit within my design & page
size.

Any help appreciated.

Why not create a FULL page template with some line-draw to mark where the Photo & Text go. Then Drag & Drop the Photos, Text to the correct
location,
then you can disable or remove the template (background layer) then you
have
it.

If you want different size’s then draw more line. Just like when you go to store to buy a insole (one-size-fit-all), it has 1 template with many outline and you trim to whatever size you want. From a small woman size
to
a large big-foot man size.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}
———————size 2————–|
———————size 3—————–|
———————size 4——————–|

R
Roberto
Apr 23, 2004
You can pick up the Draw 9 suite as an OEM disk for about 30.00-40.00. Kicks Illustrator’s butt 24/7/365.

The heavy-hitters in the Corel Community are helpful & knowledgeable. I’d like to send you a copy of the calendar I made for you, at no charge. Draw supports advanced formats such as PDF/X1, X1a, and X3 natively. I’ve saved yours at Acrobat version 4 to ensure compatability.

You can bring my PDF into PS using the generic parser. Open at 600 PPI and the results will be acceptable. You’ll never get the best results unless you send vector data directly to the imagesetter or printer.

post your email address and I’ll send the file to you for your review if you’d like.

JD

Thanks for the reply but I dont want to invest in another ‘big’ program forthis one off project. Just thought there may be an easy way to do it. I found free templates for Word that you can drop a jpeg image onto, but
they
cannot be custom sized for my project – they’re fixed at 6×4 or 5×7 etc
F
Frank
Apr 23, 2004
Thank you.
i’m at – fh dot gross at sympatico dot ca
I will have a chance to look at it on the weekend.
Meanwhile, on the other ps group these psd and jpeg templates were posted which may be a simple solution
http://www.micromountain.com/

xx
"Jeff H." wrote in message
You can pick up the Draw 9 suite as an OEM disk for about 30.00-40.00.
Kicks
Illustrator’s butt 24/7/365.

The heavy-hitters in the Corel Community are helpful & knowledgeable. I’d like to send you a copy of the calendar I made for you, at no charge. Draw supports advanced formats such as PDF/X1, X1a, and X3 natively. I’ve saved yours at Acrobat version 4 to ensure compatability.

You can bring my PDF into PS using the generic parser. Open at 600 PPI and the results will be acceptable. You’ll never get the best results unless
you
send vector data directly to the imagesetter or printer.
post your email address and I’ll send the file to you for your review if you’d like.

JD

Thanks for the reply but I dont want to invest in another ‘big’ program forthis one off project. Just thought there may be an easy way to do it.
I
found free templates for Word that you can drop a jpeg image onto, but
they
cannot be custom sized for my project – they’re fixed at 6×4 or 5×7 etc

J
Joe
Apr 23, 2004
"Frank" wrote:

Ian,
Thank you. Thank you.
For a moment I wondered whether my original question was reasonable. This is exactly what I had in mind.

It’s exactly what you have in mind? then why you asked for other to mess up our minds 😉

Actually, I see one photo and it doesn’t look like anything like what you described below. Or it doesn’t give you the option to change to different size.

======================================================

=====================================================
Win98SE
PS7

on
each page.
I want to size the sheets to fit into a cd case (insert) approx 4 9/16 x
3/8 inches.
to
size.

Any help appreciated.

Why not create a FULL page template with some line-draw to mark where the Photo & Text go. Then Drag & Drop the Photos, Text to the correct
location,
then you can disable or remove the template (background layer) then you
have
it.

If you want different size’s then draw more line. Just like when you go to store to buy a insole (one-size-fit-all), it has 1 template with many outline and you trim to whatever size you want. From a small woman size
to
a large big-foot man size.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}
———————size 2————–|
———————size 3—————–|
———————size 4——————–|

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections