S
Posted By
Shirley
Apr 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
We are creating a web page for our village. Our opening page done in PS7, slices created and saved for web (jpg & html)
Part of page is a navigation bar at top. The page looks exactly how we want it when viewed in IE6. What I can’t do is create the html for the navigation bar so when you click on item it takes you to the page. I’ve searched in PS/Image Ready for any clues.
Can someone point me in the right direction as to how I can achieve this.(I’ve searched on Google and as expected get totally overwhelmed by the help available – I’m not sure what I am looking for)

peter

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

W
Waldo
Apr 20, 2004
For clickable areas, you should use "image maps" in ImageReady. Slices divide the image in smaller parts, which speed up loading if you’re using rollover states in combination with the image maps.

You define areas with the image map tools (rectangular, circular or polygon) and you can create different states for them, onmouseover, onmouseclick etc. For example you make a button that turns into another color when you hover with cursor above it, the rollover state can hide the original layer and show the layer with the button in the different color. Layers are the key to working with rollovers.

Check out the help function or search for image map tutorials on the web (there may be one on the Adobe site).

Good luck,
Waldo

"Shirley" wrote in message
We are creating a web page for our village. Our opening page done in PS7, slices created and saved for web (jpg & html)
Part of page is a navigation bar at top. The page looks exactly how we
want
it when viewed in IE6. What I can’t do is create the html for the
navigation
bar so when you click on item it takes you to the page. I’ve searched in PS/Image Ready for any clues.
Can someone point me in the right direction as to how I can achieve this.(I’ve searched on Google and as expected get totally overwhelmed by
the
help available – I’m not sure what I am looking for)

peter

S
Shirley
Apr 21, 2004
Waldo
Many thanks for your help.
It has worked just as we wanted it.

peter
"Waldo" wrote in message
For clickable areas, you should use "image maps" in ImageReady. Slices divide the image in smaller parts, which speed up loading if you’re using rollover states in combination with the image maps.

You define areas with the image map tools (rectangular, circular or
polygon)
and you can create different states for them, onmouseover, onmouseclick
etc.
For example you make a button that turns into another color when you hover with cursor above it, the rollover state can hide the original layer and show the layer with the button in the different color. Layers are the key
to
working with rollovers.

Check out the help function or search for image map tutorials on the web (there may be one on the Adobe site).

Good luck,
Waldo

"Shirley" wrote in message
We are creating a web page for our village. Our opening page done in
PS7,
slices created and saved for web (jpg & html)
Part of page is a navigation bar at top. The page looks exactly how we
want
it when viewed in IE6. What I can’t do is create the html for the
navigation
bar so when you click on item it takes you to the page. I’ve searched in PS/Image Ready for any clues.
Can someone point me in the right direction as to how I can achieve this.(I’ve searched on Google and as expected get totally overwhelmed by
the
help available – I’m not sure what I am looking for)

peter

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections