AR
Posted By
Alan_Ryder
Jan 31, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This cannot be a common error message as I cannot find mention of it anywhere but here goes hoping that someone has seen this before and can point out the error of my ways.

I have bought and installed Colorvision’s Photocal + Spyder and produced a monitor profile which is set as the default for Windows. It is loaded up by Photocal startup from the Windows XP startup folder.

Problem is that when I launch Photoshop – I get an error message advising "The monitor profile, <my filename> appears to be defective. Please return to your monitor calibration software."

I have and this has made no difference. I can choose to "ignore profile" or "use anyway". Ignoring – well what am I using then? Use anyway – every image is full of blue!
Any ideas?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Jan 31, 2004
First, have you disabled Adobe Gamma Loader? It can take over, but I never got a message like that when it did.

Migrate to the monitor folder which loads the profile and be sure it’s in there. Right click on the screen, go to Properties, go to Settings, then Advanced then Color Management. See what’s there.

If that’s not it, uninstall and re install the ColorVision software. You might have to check with ColorVision, who are quite responsive to problems.
AR
Alan_Ryder
Jan 31, 2004
Thanks Lawrence – done all of those! Thanks too for advising that Colorvision are responsive. I will have to wait until Monday now, I guess.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections