J8
Posted By
jasonclark_82
Jan 30, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
The operating system on my PC is windows XP and the software i’m using is photshop 7, RAM 1 Gig. I recently downloaded some free plugins of a website and have been unable to get any of them working. I’ve put them in most of the files containing the preset plugins, But they don’t seem to come up on the filters list, or any applcation in photoshop. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Y
YrbkMgr
Jan 31, 2004
Depends on where you got the plug-ins and who created them. Usually one of two rules apply. They have instructions for where to place the specific files. In this circumstance, the filters or whatever are not usually available until you restart photoshop. The other circumstance is that the plug-in creator created an installation routine, with a Setup.exe. In that case, rather obviously, you run the install routine.

Also note, that depending on the plug-in, it may not come up under the Filters menu, but another menu – that’s the province of the plug-in designer.

Hope that helps some.

Peace,
Tony
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Feb 1, 2004
Another possibility…a confusion of terminology? I’ve seen some folks who confused Actions with Plug-ins, yet these are two separate things. If the downloaded (and unzipped?) files end with a ".atn" extension, then they are actions to be imported via the Actions palette.

Daryl
J8
jasonclark_82
Feb 1, 2004
Thanks for the advice, I managed to get the plugins working and i now have new filters to create wicked effects 🙂

jay

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections