Posted By
Darrell Peart
Aug 28, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,
I have a website (www.furnituremaker.com) and want to use a dithered color for my backround and my extracted (removed background) images.

I am having problems extracting objects and putting the dithered color as the background.
In Photoshop (CS 8.0) I usualy extract an object by selecting the background ( my backround color in the tool panel is set to the color I want) and then hitting delete.
My problem is that I can not get the dithered color set in the background of the tool panel ( there are 3 colors in the dithered color – it wants to pick only one of them )

thanks!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

FN
Flo Nelson
Aug 28, 2005
"Darrell Peart" wrote in message
Hello,
I have a website (www.furnituremaker.com) and want to use a dithered color for my backround and my extracted (removed background) images.

I am having problems extracting objects and putting the dithered color as the background.
In Photoshop (CS 8.0) I usualy extract an object by selecting the background
( my backround color in the tool panel is set to the color I want) and then
hitting delete.
My problem is that I can not get the dithered color set in the background of
the tool panel ( there are 3 colors in the dithered color – it wants to pick
only one of them )

thanks!

Select one color with the magic wand, hold down shift and select the other two colors (uncheck contiguous for tool options).

Flo
FN
Flo Nelson
Aug 28, 2005
Hi Darell,

I responded to your post in the PS newsgroup. Hope you won’t think me too forward, but I see that your site has some very nice elements in it but is lacking one essential that would make it work much better for you.

I like the colors of your site, the excellent furniture images, and the fonts. But if I were a potential customer, I would find it very hard to use, because everything is on one page, one item after another, with no navigation except in-line links.

If you can afford to pay for some professional help, I would be glad to help you create a navigation scheme and some menus that would appear on every page. If not, perhaps you could look into this on your own. If people can’t use your site easily on the web, they’ll leave even when the products are very good (which I think yours are).

Here are some examples of sites I’ve done – I think you’ll notice what I mean about menus that make it easier to get around.

Either way, best of luck with your site and your work,
Flo Nelson
612-789-1888

P.s. another thought about the dithering – if the colors are very close, you can probably use the background eraser – comes in very handy for product shots.
FN
Flo Nelson
Aug 28, 2005
Darell,

Apologies – meant to send this to your email.

Flo

"Flo Nelson" wrote in message
Hi Darell,

I responded to your post in the PS newsgroup. Hope you won’t think me too forward, but I see that your site has some very nice elements in it but is lacking one essential that would make it work much better for you.
I like the colors of your site, the excellent furniture images, and the fonts. But if I were a potential customer, I would find it very hard to use, because everything is on one page, one item after another, with no navigation except in-line links.

If you can afford to pay for some professional help, I would be glad to help you create a navigation scheme and some menus that would appear on every page. If not, perhaps you could look into this on your own. If people can’t use your site easily on the web, they’ll leave even when the products are very good (which I think yours are).

Here are some examples of sites I’ve done – I think you’ll notice what I mean about menus that make it easier to get around.

Either way, best of luck with your site and your work,
Flo Nelson
612-789-1888

P.s. another thought about the dithering – if the colors are very close, you can probably use the background eraser – comes in very handy for product shots.

H
harrylimey
Aug 28, 2005
Flo Nelson wrote:
Hi Darell,

If you can afford to pay for some professional help,

Flo
I think you may have missed the site designers button at the bottom of the page, which leads you to:-
Prime Web Design is a leading full service web design team consisting of highly skilled and motivated programmers, artists, designers and marketing consultants.
We offer you or your business cutting edge technology and other services including Web Design, Flash, Streaming Audio, Streaming Video, Web Site Hosting, Custom Art Work, Search Engine Listings.

(I can see why he would want to change the background colour – very dour!)
DP
Darrell Peart
Aug 28, 2005
Thanks Flo – That sounds like good information but I can’t find the contiguous option.

"Flo Nelson" wrote in message
Hello,
I have a website (www.furnituremaker.com) and want to use a dithered color
for my backround and my extracted (removed background) images.

In Photoshop (CS 8.0) I usualy extract an object by selecting the background
( my backround color in the tool panel is set to the color I want) and then
hitting delete.
My problem is that I can not get the dithered color set in the background of
the tool panel ( there are 3 colors in the dithered color – it wants to pick
only one of them )

thanks!

Select one color with the magic wand, hold down shift and select the other two colors (uncheck contiguous for tool options).

Flo

FN
Flo Nelson
Aug 29, 2005
Thanks Flo – That sounds like good information but I can’t find the contiguous option.

It’s on the tools options menu, which in 7 shows up right beneath the file, etc. menu at the top.

Flo

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections