DK
Posted By
DURNFORD_KING
Jan 30, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve heard there’s a way to undo a save that has overwritten something you desperately need. Like I do right now. Any help will be appreciated. Tnaks.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

J
JasonSmith
Jan 30, 2004
Once the file is closed – no.

If it has overwritten another file – no.
B
Brian
Jan 30, 2004
I’ve heard there’s a way to undo a save that has overwritten something you desperately need. Like I do right now. Any help will be appreciated. Tnaks.

Sure… step back in the History to the point you really wanted to save (perhaps even all the way back to Open) then save again.

If you’ve saved and closed the file you’re SOL, ditto if you did a Save As over another document other than the one you have open.
HY
huny_young
May 19, 2004
I have a similar issue…my file is still open but the history palette doesn’t go back far enough for me to compeletely get rid of what I did to mess this file up. and yes, I accidentally saved it again (I press control + s almost automatically now). am I SOL too or is there a way to undo beyond the history palette or undo that accidental save completely? again, the file is still open…
MM
Mac_McDougald
May 19, 2004
Condolance, but SOL applies.
You can only go back as far as the History palette will let you.

Try that Shift+Control+S now and then!
Save As, Save Ass!

M
HY
huny_young
May 19, 2004
"save ass" huh? coincidentally I was doing a flyer for a nightclub with a bit of arse in it 😉

nah thanks for the response, though. I figured I was SOL so I just did it over again. only took about an hour; thank goodness it wasn’t something more complex.
P
Phosphor
May 19, 2004
It’s almost always quicker the second time you do it, as long as you have some memory retention.

And often better.
RK
Rob_Keijzer
May 19, 2004
Take "snapshots" in the history palette at crucial points. Snaphots don’t purge like history states.
Rob

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections