B
Posted By
Beemer
Apr 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
All those who have struggled trying to get the Epson Status Monitor 3 to work read this.

I too struggled and after reading all the posts. I had read that having Via chipset gave a USB problem as there is a conflict with LPT1 and USB and of course the Epson Status Monitor uses LPT1 even although you might be using USB to drive the printer. The symptom of course is "no communication", no ink level information and a page with garbage being printed out each time from any other printer on LPT1.

LPT1 is required for another printer of mine so I made a new XP user account called Photoshop and in this user account disabled the other printer. Epson Status Monitor now works perfectly.

Hope this helps others

Beemer

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

P
Paul
Apr 17, 2004
"Beemer" wrote in message
All those who have struggled trying to get the Epson Status Monitor 3 to work read this.

I too struggled and after reading all the posts. I had read that having Via chipset gave a USB problem as there is a conflict with LPT1 and USB and of course the Epson Status Monitor uses LPT1 even although you might be using USB to drive the printer. The symptom of course is "no communication", no ink level information and a page with garbage being printed out each time from any other printer on LPT1.

LPT1 is required for another printer of mine so I made a new XP user account called Photoshop and in this user account disabled the other printer. Epson Status Monitor now works perfectly.

Hope this helps others

Beemer

On my machine running XP on a VIA chipset MoBo I have

Epson 1290 on USB running SM3

Epson 1200 on LPT1 running SM2

HP LaserJet 5N on USB via a LPT to USB converter

All are running fine .

Paul
B
Beemer
Apr 17, 2004
In article <3E6gc.1169$>, spam-
says…

Hope this helps others

Beemer

All are running fine .

Paul
Paul,

Is the motherboard USB2?

Beemer
J
Jim
Apr 17, 2004
Interesting post as I have never had trouble with the status monitor.

My current configuration is a photo 1280 and an HP 3650 on the USB. While the computer has an LPT port, there is nothing connected to it. Neverless both printers and their status monitors work fine even with both active.

This is USB2. I am running Windows XP Professional.

Jim

Hope this helps others

Beemer
P
Paul
Apr 17, 2004
says…
All those who have struggled trying to get the Epson Status Monitor 3
to
work read this.

I too struggled and after reading all the posts. I had read that
having
Via chipset gave a USB problem as there is a conflict with LPT1 and
USB
and of course the Epson Status Monitor uses LPT1 even although you
might
be using USB to drive the printer. The symptom of course is "no communication", no ink level information and a page with garbage
being
printed out each time from any other printer on LPT1.

Hope this helps others

Beemer

All are running fine .

Paul
Paul,

Is the motherboard USB2?

Beemer

Yes it is USB 2

Just a thought, you have got the XP USB2/VIA Patch loaded or you have got SP1 loaded.

Paul
B
Beemer
Apr 21, 2004
In article <Iwhgc.1586$>, spam-
says…
says…
All those who have struggled trying to get the Epson Status Monitor 3
to
work read this.

I too struggled and after reading all the posts. I had read that
having
Via chipset gave a USB problem as there is a conflict with LPT1 and
USB
and of course the Epson Status Monitor uses LPT1 even although you
might
be using USB to drive the printer. The symptom of course is "no communication", no ink level information and a page with garbage
being
printed out each time from any other printer on LPT1.

Hope this helps others

Beemer

All are running fine .

Paul
Paul,

Is the motherboard USB2?

Beemer

Paul,

I only have USB not USB2 where the problem with Via/LPT1 was eliminated.

Beemer
B
Beemer
Apr 21, 2004
In article <DAfgc.8620$>,
says…
Interesting post as I have never had trouble with the status monitor.
My current configuration is a photo 1280 and an HP 3650 on the USB. While the computer has an LPT port, there is nothing connected to it. Neverless both printers and their status monitors work fine even with both active.
This is USB2. I am running Windows XP Professional.

Jim

Hope this helps others

Beemer
Jim,

USB2 does not have the problem I mentioned

Beemer

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections