Posted By
dNOfSPAMn
Apr 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi group,

Just installed the Adobe Creative Suite premium.
all seems to be fine except when I try to load Photoshop I get

" PHOTOSHOP.EXE -UNABLE TO LOCATE COMPONENT
This application has failed to start because PDFL50.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem"

I have re-installed the whole suite and am still getting the same, Can anyone please advise how to solve this.

Thanking in advance all those who take the time to reply

David

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

LI
Life is fun
Apr 16, 2004
Did you call Adobe??

"dNOfSPAMn" wrote in message
: Hi group,
:
: Just installed the Adobe Creative Suite premium.
: all seems to be fine except when I try to load Photoshop I get :
: " PHOTOSHOP.EXE -UNABLE TO LOCATE COMPONENT
: This application has failed to start because PDFL50.dll was not found. : Re-installing the application may fix this problem" :
: I have re-installed the whole suite and am still getting the same, : Can anyone please advise how to solve this.
:
: Thanking in advance all those who take the time to reply :
: David
:
:
KB
Ken Burns
Apr 17, 2004
Hi group,

This application has failed to start because PDFL50.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem"
I have re-installed the whole suite and am still getting the same, Can anyone please advise how to solve this.

David

I have PS CS installed on my computer with WinXP but none of the other apps that are also included in the total Creative Suite. However, I searched my HD for that dll and did not find it, so I believe that it is not part of PS proper. I have gotten similar messages when I have had problems with accessory plugins and filters that I have installed myself. If you have any plugins that might be corrupted or have been moved, that might be your problem.

KB
D
dNOfSPAMn
Apr 17, 2004
Thanks Ken, it was a plug in.

David

"Ken Burns" wrote in message
Hi group,

David

I have PS CS installed on my computer with WinXP but none of the other
apps
that are also included in the total Creative Suite. However, I searched
my
HD for that dll and did not find it, so I believe that it is not part of
PS
proper. I have gotten similar messages when I have had problems with accessory plugins and filters that I have installed myself. If you have
any
plugins that might be corrupted or have been moved, that might be your problem.

KB

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections