Posted By
Rune G
Aug 22, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi NG.

Is there any way in which I can replace all cases of for example color 101010(hex) with color 3e3e3e(hex) ?

Best Regards
Rune

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BH
Bill Hilton
Aug 22, 2005
Rune writes …

Is there any way in which I can replace all cases of for example color 101010(hex) with color 3e3e3e(hex) ?

Image > Adjustments > Replace Color … set the ‘fuzziness’ slider to 0, click on the ‘color’ patch and set the existing color value, click on the ‘result’ patch at the bottom and set the replacement color value.

There are other methods that may work better for you, described in the Help files, but ‘replace color’ should work OK.

Bill
I
iehsmith
Aug 22, 2005
On 8/22/05 3:38 PM, Bill Hilton uttered:

Image > Adjustments > Replace Color … set the ‘fuzziness’ slider to 0, click on the ‘color’ patch and set the existing color value, click on the ‘result’ patch at the bottom and set the replacement color value.

Sounds like quite an improvement from Replace Color in PS 6.0.1, in what version did this take place? Don’t suppose it also allows you to magnify the view to adjust fuzziness?

inez
BH
Bill Hilton
Aug 22, 2005
inez writes …

Sounds like quite an improvement from Replace Color in PS 6.0.1, in what version did this take place?

CS … I think the only new feature since V4 is the color patch at the top that lets you set the color to be replaced more precisely (could be wrong on this, but I just checked with V5), dunno when this new feature crept in as I rarely use this tool. If you need to click on an exact color with an earlier vesion just grow the canvas a bit and add a patch of that color, then click on it in Color Range to select that precise color … you can crop the patch out when you’re done …

Don’t suppose it also allows you to magnify the
view to adjust fuzziness?

You can zoom in/out on the image with ctrl-spacebar-click or alt-spacebar-click, and move around by holding spacebar down even with Replace Color open if you’re trying to see the close-up effect of adjusting ‘fuzziness’.

Bill
I
iehsmith
Aug 22, 2005
On 8/22/05 5:43 PM, Bill Hilton uttered:

inez writes …

Sounds like quite an improvement from Replace Color in PS 6.0.1, in what version did this take place?

CS … I think the only new feature since V4 is the color patch at the top that lets you set the color to be replaced more precisely (could be wrong on this, but I just checked with V5), dunno when this new feature crept in as I rarely use this tool. If you need to click on an exact color with an earlier vesion just grow the canvas a bit and add a patch of that color, then click on it in Color Range to select that precise color … you can crop the patch out when you’re done …

Yes, I use Color Range quite a bit, bu it isn’t ‘elegant’, and I also just use Hue&Saturation.

Don’t suppose it also allows you to magnify the
view to adjust fuzziness?

You can zoom in/out on the image with ctrl-spacebar-click or alt-spacebar-click, and move around by holding spacebar down even with Replace Color open if you’re trying to see the close-up effect of adjusting ‘fuzziness’.

Yes, I do this, I just meant in the actual Replace Color display for setting fuzziness prior to any adjustments.

But even in ol PS 6, I always find a way to accomplish what I need:)

inez
BH
Bill Hilton
Aug 22, 2005
inez writes …

Don’t suppose it (changes to Color Range) also allows you to magnify the view to adjust fuzziness … in the actual Replace Color display for setting fuzziness prior to any adjustments.

No, that window is still the same (small) size and doesn’t scale.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections