EV
Posted By
Elaine_Vidal
Jan 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hey I’m a newbie here and I’m starting Adobe. How can I edit the skin color of an image? Example, when I paste a different "face" to a different "body", how can the "face" adopt the skin color of the body? Also, how to edit hairstyles. Please help! Need the basics! =)

Thanks!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Y
YrbkMgr
Jan 29, 2004
Elaine,

I hate to tell you this but those are not the basics. If your new with Photoshop, let me help set the expectations: it’s gonna take a while.

First, everything is driven by intent: where’s it going? Print/screen/professional print.

Next you have to make sure that your pasted face is the right size. For skin color and tone? Well, therein is the art. There’s no magic forumula since it depends on the tones of the two things your blending.

Hair styles? Uhm, hate to tell you this, and I certainly don’t mean any disrespect, but folks with years of experience in photoshop have trouble doing what you’re trying to accomplish. It all depends on what you’re working with.

In sum, there’s no "change hair" or "blend this face in" button. As far as I know, you have to understand photoshop, what it’s capabilities are, and map out a plan using it’s tools to accomplish your goals. As I said, it ain’t gonna be easy.

Peace,
Tony
R
Rastamon
Jan 29, 2004
Play around with curves, levels, brightness/contrast.
JG
John_Gregson
Jan 29, 2004
One thing about Photoshop CS which is a great help is the Match Color command. This helps a great deal in the task that you are doing. Go to Image–>Adjustments–>Match Color.

John Gregson

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections