AA
Posted By
Ali_Akil
Jan 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been quite keen on learning how to create a drop down menu that appears once the mouse is over a button, this drop down menu shall have few links in turn so that you can click on the link you choose. I wanted also to add some rollover states to the links inside the drop down menu. I am using Photoshop 7.0 on windows XP and I have been browsing the net and trying every thought I could but I did not achieve my goal so can you help?
I could display the drop down menu once the mouse is over the button of the web page header(or side menu) by creating a new frame inside the rollover state of the my button. The problem is that I needed to create new slice for every link in the drop down menu in order to add some rollover animations and also to add the URL that every link leads to. Basically I could not create nested rollover states. Is there a way to do that?
Also, my other problem is that even that I succeeded in displaying the drop down menu while the mouse is over the button, once the mouse moves to the drop down menu, it disappears as the mouse is not longer over the button! is there any way of going around this??????

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

L
LenHewitt
Jan 29, 2004
Ali,

That’s way outside the capabilities of Photoshop/IR.

That sort of menu relies on HTML <div> layers ("Floating Boxes" in GoLive parlance) and JavaScript timelines, neither of which feature in Photoshop’s/IR’s arsenal.

The easiest way to create them is using GoLive with the 3rd. party MenuMachine plugin

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections