dave milbut
Jun 27, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
create an "uber-action™" that calls each action in turns. 🙂

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Y
YrbkMgr
Jun 28, 2003
Uber action would go something like this:

Create an action that does sequential File|Automate|batch for each of 10 actions – An action that plays other actions.

So the action might be called "Process All Folders". When you record the action, it goes: File|Automate|Set X:Action 1; File|Automate|Set X:Action 2; etc., until all 10 actions have run. You do it on some test folders with like one image each in it. When you test it, you make sure that the Batch dialog is toggled ON so you can check it before processing a boatload of images. Then toggle it off when you’re sure; you move your images/rename your folders as appropriate, hit go, and go get coffee.

Now one of the things is that if you only need to do this once, no need to create an Uber Action. But if you have to do this often, you either have to always have the folders the same as you recorderd them, or you’ll have to toggle
the batch dialog to ON when you run it so that you can change directories/naming convention as appropriate.

Peace,
Tony
WM
william milans
Jun 28, 2003
Thanks YrdkMgr….this works like a dream, I have been writing batches for 5 years and never thought to write a batch to run a batch. This increases the production by 25% and decreases the error rate by about 99% for this function and I’m building on it from here…
I thank you
bILL
DM
dave milbut
Jun 29, 2003
uber action. 🙂

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections